Subject: [icnrg] CFP: Workshop on Information-Centric Fog Computing (ICFC) (in conjunction with IFIP Networking 2017)

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 10:20:00 +0100

— Note deadline extended to March 13th —

====== Call For Papers ======

Workshop on Information-Centric Fog Computing (ICFC)
(in conjunction with IFIP Networking 2017)

12-16 June 2017, Stockholm, Sweden

Web: 
http://networking.ifip.org/2017/index.php/workshops/workshop-on-information-centric-fog-computing-icfc

=== Overview ===

Fog Computing aims to support the Internet of Things (IoT) through ultra 
low latency, ultra fast data processing, high security and reliability 
and highly efficient resource utilisation. However, the current 
approaches to Fog/Edge Computing have raised some concerns with respect 
to privacy; for example, extending CDN DNS redirection and private key 
delegation models to numerous applications increases the likelihood of 
exposing the edge to further attacks. There is also the challenge of 
supporting hierarchical and/or multi-access scenarios that go beyond 
traditional telco-controlled access provision. Furthermore, providing 
compute resources at the VM-level of granularity may not be suitable for 
some lightweight and short-lived functions, especially for IoT. These 
challenges call for alternative networking models that can support 
higher fluidity in distributing in-network functions, in addition to 
allowing fast and scalable processing and exchange of information.

Over the recent years, Information-centric Networking (ICN) has emerged 
as a networking paradigm that places information exchange, for the 
purpose of its processing, in the foreground. ICN brings advantages 
related to the security, management and dissemination of information, 
through flexible and information-based routing policies; combining these 
advantages with the ability to temporarily and spatially decouple 
communication entities, ICN seems well suited for the Fog Computing 
paradigm, since computation can happen at the right place any time by 
virtue of publishing and subscribing to it.

This workshop aims at stimulating research focused on the networking 
models, communication frameworks and security solutions required to 
facilitate Fog Computing. The research directions will focus on 
accommodating the requirements of data processing and information 
networking within emerging, information-focused, networking paradigms 
such as ICN. This is reflected in a number of aspects, including: 
enabling short-term content caching, fluid distribution of in-network 
functions, high-speed data analysis, programmable control and management 
planes, resiliency and security of fog networks, Machine-to-Machine 
(M2M) communications, coordinated management, resource consumption, 
privacy and orchestration of data processing and information production. 
The outcomes of the workshop should levitate communication frameworks 
that have the ability to accommodate the immense expansion of business 
models, applications and services, within future Fog networks.

The workshop solicits papers that address aspects of the above areas 
with a main focus on facilitating networking solutions that enable 
dynamic and flexible fog networking through joining concepts of 
softwarisation and virtualisation paradigms for better management and 
dissemination of information. We encourage papers that address 
cross-layer research issues in any combination of these areas, 
bridging the gaps between IoT, Fog/edge Computing, ICN, Network Function 
Virtualisation (NFV) and SDN.

=== Topics of Interest ===

The list of topics include (but are not limited to):
●      Information-Centric Fog models
●      Content and service distribution models in Fog computing
●      Caching, replication and relaying models in Information-centric 
Fog networks
●      Dynamic in-network computation, e.g., Named Function Networking
●      Implementation insights of Fog & Information-centric 
Networking architectures
●      Virtualisation in Fog systems and Information-centric 
Networking
●      Security and privacy challenges in Fog computing
●      Novel compensation models, such as utilising block-chains
●      Computation and communication abstractions
●      Orchestration across computation, storage and communication 
resources for Fog networks
●      IoT  data storage, analysis and networking in cloud-based ICN
●      Programmability in Fog networks
●      Fog computing in constrained networks
●      Testing and evaluation tools
●      Self-organisation/configuration of Fog resources using 
Information-centric approaches
●      Traffic models for Information-centric Fog networks
●      Theoretical and experimental evaluation of 
information-centric networks used for Fog computing

=== Important Dates ===

●      Submission deadline: March 13, 2017
●      Acceptance notification: April 10, 2017
●      Program available online: April 19, 2017
●      Camera ready deadline: April 27, 2017

=== Submission Guidelines ===

All submissions should be written in the English language, with a 
maximum length limit of 6 printed pages (IEEE two-column format, 10pt), 
including all the figures, references, and appendices.
Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend the 
workshop and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included in the 
proceedings of IFIP ICFC 2017 and published in the IFIP.
Further details on the required paper format, as well as a link to the 
EDAS submission site can be found at the workshop’s website.

=== Committees ===

++ Workshop Chairs ++

George Polyzos, Athens University of Economics and Business
Dirk Trossen, InterDigital Europe
Kun Yang, University of Essex

++ Technical Program Chairs ++

Dirk Kutscher, Huawei
Ioannis Psaras, University College London

++ Organising Committee ++

Mays AL-Naday, University of Essex
Pekka Nikander, Ll co-op, Aalto University
Börje Ohlman, Ericsson Research
Martin J Reed, University of Essex

++ Technical Program Committee ++

Mohammed AL-Khalidi, University of Essex
Mays AL-Naday, University of Essex
Shingo Ata, Osaka University
Giovanna Carofiglio, Cisco
Toru Hasegawa, Osaka University
Petri Laari, Ericsson Research
Chathura Magurawalage, University of Essex
Nicola Blefari Melazzi, University of Rome – Tor Vergata
Marc Mosko, PARC
Börje Ohlman, Ericsson Research
Christos Papadopoulos, Colorado State University
Michalis Polychronakis, Stony Brook University
Ioannis Psaras, University College London
Janne Riihijärvi, RWTH Aachen University
Eve Schooler, Intel (US)
Nikos Thomos, University of Essex
Dirk Trossen, InterDigital Europe
Gareth Tyson, Queen Mary University of London
Matthias Wählisch, Freie Universität Berlin
Cedric Westphal, Huawei (US)
Mick Wilson, Fujitsu (UK)
George Xylomenos, Athens University of Economics and Business
Lixia Zhang, UCLA