Subject: [icnrg] Reminder: CFP IEEE Communications Magazine FT on Information-Centric Networking Security

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 13:57:08 +0200

Dear colleagues,

Just a gentle reminder that the submission deadline for the following 
CFP is due in one week. Shall you have any questions, please feel free 
to contact us at [email-masked].

Thanks!
Xiaoming, Jay, Dirk and Ruidong

CALL FOR PAPERS: IEEE Communications Magazine, Feature Topic on 
Information-Centric Networking Security
http://www.comsoc.org/commag/cfp/information-centric-networking-security

-INTRODUCTION
----------------------------------------
Information-centric networking (ICN) is a new network architecture that 
provides the access to named data as first order network service, 
providing better trust in data authenticity and greater potential for 
optimizing forwarding behavior compared to traditional host-based 
communication systems like the Internet today.

The ICN principle of accessing authenticated named data in the network 
enables several optimizations, such as network-layer data caching, 
flexible multipath communication and simplified mobility management. ICN 
thus addresses many important requirements of applications such as 
high-performance, scalable media data distribution and reliable, 
distributed Internet of Things networks.

ICN is an active research area that includes specific topics such as 
network architectures, applications, transport, and caching techniques. 
Security is a particularly important topic since ICN enables new 
approaches with respect to confidentiality, access control and trust 
management that we want to address by this Feature Topic.
Solicited topics include (but are not limited to):
·    Security architectures for information-centric networking (ICN)
·    Authentication and authorization for distributed caching environment
·    Access control mechanisms for ICN
·    Security in mobile ICN
·    Cryptographic protocols against internal attacks in 
information-centric network
·    Information sharing and data protection in ICN
·    Secure monitoring in ICN
·    Denial of service attacks prevention in ICN
·    Privacy protection in ICN
·    Privacy policy framework for ICN
·    Privacy in caching, naming, signature
·    Mechanisms to enforce privacy and trust
·    Privacy-preserving processing in ICN
·    Privacy-preserving data publishing on ICN
·    User privacy, data providers privacy and ICN application platform 
privacy
·    Privacy and security in ICN applications
·    Trusted computing platform
·    Trust models for ICN
·    Trust management for ICN
·    Copyright management and business models for ICN

-    SUBMISSIONS
----------------------------------------
Articles should be tutorial in nature, with the intended audience being 
all members of the communications technology community. They should be 
written in a tutorial style comprehensible to readers outside the 
specialty of the article. Mathematical equations should not be used (in 
justified cases up to three simple equations are allowed). Articles 
should not exceed 4500 words (from introduction through conclusions, 
excluding figures, tables and captions). Figures and tables should be 
limited to a combined total of six. The number of archival references is 
recommended not to exceed 15. In some rare cases, more mathematical 
equations, figures, and tables may be allowed, if well-justified. In 
general, however, mathematics should be avoided; instead, references to 
papers containing the relevant mathematics should be provided.
Complete guidelines for preparation of the manuscripts are posted at 
http://www.comsoc.org/commag/paper-submission-guidelines. Please submit 
a PDF (preferred) or MSWORD formatted paper via Manuscript Central 
(http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/commag-ieee). Register or log in, and 
go to Author Center. Follow the instructions there. Select "July 2018 / 
Information-Centric Networking Security" as the Feature Topic category 
for your submission.

-    IMPORTANT DATES:
----------------------------------------
·    Manuscript Submission: November 1, 2017
·    Decision Notification: March 1, 2018
·    Final Manuscript Due: April 15, 2018
·    Publication Date: July 2018

-    GUEST EDITORS
----------------------------------------
Xiaoming Fu
University of Göttingen, Germany
[email-masked]

Satyajayant Misra
New Mexico State University, USA
[email-masked]

Dirk Kutscher
Huawei Research, Germany
[email-masked]

Ruidong Li
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), 
Japan
[email-masked]

---

From: "Fu, Xiaoming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 20:11:51 +0000

Due to many requests we have extended the submission deadline to Nov 15, 2017 (final deadline).

Thanks

Xiaoming

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Oct 2017, at 13:57, Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Just a gentle reminder that the submission deadline for the following CFP is due in one week. Shall you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>.

Thanks!

CALL FOR PAPERS: IEEE Communications Magazine, Feature Topic on Information-Centric Networking Security
http://www.comsoc.org/commag/cfp/information-centric-networking-security

-INTRODUCTION
----------------------------------------
Information-centric networking (ICN) is a new network architecture that provides the access to named data as first order network service, providing better trust in data authenticity and greater potential for optimizing forwarding behavior compared to traditional host-based communication systems like the Internet today.

The ICN principle of accessing authenticated named data in the network enables several optimizations, such as network-layer data caching, flexible multipath communication and simplified mobility management. ICN thus addresses many important requirements of applications such as high-performance, scalable media data distribution and reliable, distributed Internet of Things networks.

ICN is an active research area that includes specific topics such as network architectures, applications, transport, and caching techniques. Security is a particularly important topic since ICN enables new approaches with respect to confidentiality, access control and trust management that we want to address by this Feature Topic.
·    Cryptographic protocols against internal attacks in information-centric network
·    User privacy, data providers privacy and ICN application platform privacy

-    SUBMISSIONS
----------------------------------------
Articles should be tutorial in nature, with the intended audience being all members of the communications technology community. They should be written in a tutorial style comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article. Mathematical equations should not be used (in justified cases up to three simple equations are allowed). Articles should not exceed 4500 words (from introduction through conclusions, excluding figures, tables and captions). Figures and tables should be limited to a combined total of six. The number of archival references is recommended not to exceed 15. In some rare cases, more mathematical equations, figures, and tables may be allowed, if well-justified. In general, however, mathematics should be avoided; instead, references to papers containing the relevant mathematics should be provided.
Complete guidelines for preparation of the manuscripts are posted at http://www.comsoc.org/commag/paper-submission-guidelines. Please submit a PDF (preferred) or MSWORD formatted paper via Manuscript Central (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/commag-ieee). Register or log in, and go to Author Center. Follow the instructions there. Select "July 2018 / Information-Centric Networking Security" as the Feature Topic category for your submission.

-    IMPORTANT DATES:

-    GUEST EDITORS
----------------------------------------
Xiaoming Fu
University of Göttingen, Germany
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Satyajayant Misra
New Mexico State University, USA
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Dirk Kutscher
Huawei Research, Germany
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Ruidong Li
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), Japan
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>