Subject: [icnrg] Heads-up: RG adoption of terminology draft

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:19:50 +0200

Hi all,

the ICNRG Chairs would like to initiate a discussion on the adoption of 
the terminology draft:

Name:		draft-wissingh-icnrg-terminology
Revision:	03
Title:		Information-Centric Networking (ICN): CCN and NDN Terminology
Document date:	2017-09-11
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		18
URL:         
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wissingh-icnrg-terminology-03.txt
Status:      
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wissingh-icnrg-terminology/
Htmlized:    
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wissingh-icnrg-terminology-03
Htmlized:    
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wissingh-icnrg-terminology-03
Diff:        
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wissingh-icnrg-terminology-03
Abstract:
    Information Centric Networking (ICN) is a new paradigm where network
    communications are accomplished by requesting named content, instead
    of sending packets to destination addresses.  Named Data Networking
    (NDN) and Content-Centric Networking (CCN) are two prominent ICN
    architectures.  This document provides an overview of the 
terminology
    and definitions that have been used in describing concepts in these
    two projects.  While there are other ICN architectures, they are not
    part of the NDN and CCN vision and as such are out of scope for this
    document.

 From the chairs’s perspective, this draft has seen some review in the 
group, and the general feedback suggests that this is useful work.

It’s not quite ready for publication of course, but now could be a 
good time to discuss whether think that this is sufficiently mature, 
aiming at the right content and whether it could become a useful and 
relevant product of ICNRG at some point.

Process-wise, at this point, we are essentially trying to motivate you 
to look into it, share your thoughts on the list or at the meeting at 
IETF-100 where we are going to talk about it. The actual decision will 
be taken after IETF-100, on the mailing list as usual.

Thanks,
Börje, Dave, Dirk

---

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 14:07:18 +0200

I support adoption.

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017, Dirk Kutscher wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> icnrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/icnrg
> 

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Computer Science
.. http://www.cs.fu-berlin.de/~waehl

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 15:38:48 +0000

I support adoption as well.

<http://ir.interdigital.com/File/Index?KeyFile=37447876>

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient. Unintended transmission shall not constitute waiver of any privilege or confidentiality obligation. If you received this communication in error, please do not review, copy or distribute it, notify me immediately by email, and delete the original message and any attachments. Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message or any attachment should be construed as a digital or electronic signature.

-----Original Message-----
From: icnrg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Matthias Waehlisch
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 8:07 AM
To: Dirk Kutscher <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [icnrg] Heads-up: RG adoption of terminology draft

I support adoption.

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017, Dirk Kutscher wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the ICNRG Chairs would like to initiate a discussion on the adoption
> of the terminology draft:
>

--
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Computer Science .. http://www.cs.fu-berlin.de/~waehl

---

From: "Mayutan A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 19:30:16 +0200

I support as well.

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 5:38 PM, Rahman, Akbar <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> <http://ir.
> interdigital.com/File/Index?KeyFile=37447876>
>
>
> This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
> which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other
> than its intended recipient. Unintended transmission shall not constitute
> waiver of any privilege or confidentiality obligation. If you received this
> communication in error, please do not review, copy or distribute it, notify
> me immediately by email, and delete the original message and any
> attachments. Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this
> message or any attachment should be construed as a digital or electronic
> signature.
>
>

---

From: "Michael Kowal (mikowal)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 19:04:34 +0000

Hi all,

I support.

One nit: the ‘x’ in ‘CCNx’ is never defined.

-----Original Message-----
From: icnrg <[email-masked]> on behalf of Dirk Kutscher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 5:20 AM
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [icnrg] Heads-up: RG adoption of terminology draft

    Hi all,

    

    Thanks,
    Börje, Dave, Dirk

---

From: Jungha Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 00:22:00 +0000

I support its adoption.

Jungha Hong

________________________________
보낸 사람 : "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
보낸 날짜 : 2017-10-24 18:20:09 ( +09:00 )
받는 사람 : [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
참조 :
제목 : [icnrg] Heads-up: RG adoption of terminology draft

Hi all,

the terminology draft:

Revision: 03

Pages: 18

URL:

Status:

Htmlized:

Htmlized:

Diff:

Abstract:

terminology

document.

Thanks,

Börje, Dave, Dirk

icnrg mailing list

[email-masked]

---

From: S Samar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:06:56 +0530

I agree and support the terminology adoption. 

Best Regards
Samar

Dr. Samar Shailendra
TCS Research & Innovation
Website: http://www.tcs.com

From:   "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
To:     [email-masked]
Date:   10/24/2017 02:50 PM
Subject:        [icnrg] Heads-up: RG adoption of terminology draft
Sent by:        "icnrg" <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

Title:                           Information-Centric Networking (ICN): CCN 
and NDN Terminology

Status: 

 From the chairs?s perspective, this draft has seen some review in the 
group, and the general feedback suggests that this is useful work.

It?s not quite ready for publication of course, but now could be a 
good time to discuss whether think that this is sufficiently mature, 
aiming at the right content and whether it could become a useful and 
relevant product of ICNRG at some point.

Thanks,
Börje, Dave, Dirk

=====-----=====-----=====
Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it may contain 
confidential or privileged information. If you are 
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, 
review, distribution, printing or copying of the 
information contained in this e-mail message 
and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If 
you have received this communication in error, 
please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and 
immediately and permanently delete the message 
and any attachments. Thank you

---

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:06:09 +0200

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Since we want to talk about the draft in Singapore, it would also be 
great to hear some suggestions for fixes and additions.

Thanks,
Dirk

On 25 Oct 2017, at 6:36, S Samar wrote:

> of