Subject: [Id-event] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-ietf-secevent-token-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 22:19:25 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-secevent-token-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-secevent-token/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the authors and everyone else who contributed to this document. I have
two minor editorial comments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please make sure these nits are fixed before sending on to the RFC editor:

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC7009' is defined on line 1066, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC7517' is defined on line 1078, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

§4.3:

>  JWTs are now being used in application areas beyond the identity
>  applications in which they first appeared.  For instance, the Session
>  Initiation Protocol (SIP) Via Header Field [RFC8055] and Personal
>  Assertion Token (PASSporT) [RFC8225] specifications...

RFC 8055 defines a Received Realm parameter for the Via Header Field, not the
header field itself. Please rephrase as "...the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) Via Header Field Received Realm parameter [RFC8055]..."

---

From: Phil Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 15:07:06 -0700

Adam,

Thanks for the comments. I will apply then in draft 12. 

Cheers,

Phil

> On May 8, 2018, at 10:19 PM, Adam Roach <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Phil Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 16:26:24 -0700

Adam,

Your comments are now posted in draft 12.

Cheers,

Phil

Oracle Corporation, Identity Cloud Services Architect
@independentid
www.independentid.com <http://www.independentid.com/>[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

> On May 9, 2018, at 3:07 PM, Phil Hunt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Adam,
>