Subject: [Ideas] ILA mobility for next Hackathon

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:24:43 -0700

Hello all,

I added a project proposal for next Hackathon in Seoul. It would
consist in implementing an ILA mobility solution
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mueller-ila-mobility-00).

What I am envisioning is that we would emulate at least two carrier
networks and demonstrate ILA mobility of some device within a carrier,
and then between carriers. This would involve a combination of ILA
routers, ILA enabled and non-ILA enable hosts, as well as control
plane protocols. The mapping distribution protocol is the one part
that is most undefined, we are starting an effort in IDEAS to define
this (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-padma-ideas-problem-statement-00),
however for the time frame of the hackathon we may want to spin a
quick prototype, use BGP, or something simpler (TBD).

I am hoping we can get several implementations of ILA routers and
hosts to interoperate with this, as well as some good network design
on how this can scale in various carrier networks.

If you are interested in joining the team please sign up and let me know!

Thanks,
Tom