Subject: [Ideas] Kathleen Moriarty's Block on charter-ietf-ideas-00-03: (with BLOCK)

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:37:15 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-ideas-00-03: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ideas/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to see an explicit mention of security in the charter text itself in
terms of how the metadata will be protected or that it will be protected in
some way.   While the threats draft is helpful, the WG should be bound to
consider security and provide it with this identifier/locator service.

---

From: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 14:02:27 +0000

Hi Kathleen!

I agree.  Do you want to suggest something, or would something line this be ok:

- Security analysis of the complete system, including authentication, authorization and protection of any metadata.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On 9/28/17, 9:37 AM, "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]> wrote:

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:05:40 -0400

Thanks, Alvaro!

I think that would be a big improvement, but maybe adding in the word
requirements so that it sticks a bit more in the resulting work.  How
about:

- Security analysis of the complete system, including authentication,
authorization requirements and protection of any metadata.

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 14:08:08 +0000

Done!  :-)

On 9/28/17, 10:06 AM, "iesg on behalf of Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

Thanks, Alvaro!

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 11:07:19 -0400

Thanks, I cleared!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:48:51 -0400

Thank you Kathleen.  To me this was such a given, that I did not even 
consider it to put into the charter.

My bad.

What work I have personally done in this direction was to use HIP as the 
meta-data transport so it was protected.  But in this more 'open' 
approach, it will have to be more expllicit.

Bob