Subject: [Ideas] Deborah Brungard's Yes on charter-ietf-ideas-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Deborah Brungard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:26:25 -0700

Deborah Brungard has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-ideas-00-01: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ideas/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a Spencer "but", but I'm voting a Yes only as the scope is initially
for a framework document only.

Yes, there is a lot of interest in the industry
in this "problem" so it will be good for IETF to evaluate it.
But, the use cases are very diverse and it is not clear if a common
approach will be achievable.

The group needs to closely coordinate with LISP as LISP is already considering
similar use cases and LISP has a long history with this "problem".