Subject: [Ideas] Eric Rescorla's No Record on charter-ietf-ideas-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 20:26:23 -0700

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-ideas-00-01: No Record

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ideas/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The privacy text in this charter seems pretty week. We're spending a lot of
effort right now to deal with the privacy impacts of our existing protocol that
maps text names to IP addresses (DNS), so we don't want to recapitulate that
one layer down. I think it needs to say something about how a major part of the
framework is defining the privacy requirements and how to meet them. I'm not
going to push "block" for external review, but I do expect to raise this issue
at chartering time.

---

From: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 13:16:15 +0000

Hi!

I’ll add some text before starting external review.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On 9/27/17, 11:26 PM, "Eric Rescorla" <[email-masked]> wrote:

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:50:28 -0400

Agreed.

Bob

On 09/28/2017 09:16 AM, Alvaro Retana (aretana) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ideas mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ideas