Subject: Suppress router-side processing flag in IGMPv3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:34:04 -0700

Hi all,

     My understaning of the "suppress router-side processing flag (S-flag) is
that it is used to synchronize timer updates between the querier and the rest of
the routers in the subnet. The querier will set the S-flag in a query to 1 if
itself will not update the corresponding timer after sending the query. When the
other router receives a query with S-flag set to 1, they will not update the
corresponding timer either.  Otherwise, they will lower the timer to LMQI.

     My question is -- when a router sends or receives a query with the S-flag
not set and the corresponding timer is smaller than LMQI, should it set the
timer to LMQI??

Thanks,
-- James C. Huang

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:35:19 -0700

>not set and the corresponding timer is smaller than LMQI, should it set the

No. When SRSP is set on a query, the corresponding timer value should
not be changed.

thanks
I