Subject: IANA considerations for IPv4 IGMP

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:31:47 -0700

MAGMA WG,

  I'd like the working group to consider this short document, which
requests the IANA to create a registry for IPv4 IGMP Type and Code
numbers, similar to the existing registry for IPv4 ICMP.  Some IDMR
drafts are blocked on the existence of this registry.

  This seems to fall smack dab in the middle of the MAGMA charter,
so unless there are objections from the WG I'd like to adopt this draft
as a WG document, and do a last call real soon.  Let's say one week to
discuss the document on the magma mailing list; on October 1st, barring
significant problems, we will adopt the document as a WG document and
start the WG last call.

  What follows is the Internet-Draft announcement for the current draft.

Thanks,
  Bill

----- Begin forwarded message:

From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fenner-igmp-iana-01.txt,.ps
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:04:08 -0400
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Reply-to: [email-masked]

	Title		: IANA Considerations for IGMP
	Author(s)	: B. Fenner
	Filename	: draft-fenner-igmp-iana-01.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 20-Sep-01
	
This memo requests that the IANA create a registry for fields in the
IGMP protocol header, and provides guidance for the IANA to use in
assigning parameters for those fields.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fenner-igmp-iana-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fenner-igmp-iana-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fenner-igmp-iana-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

[anon-ftp unfetched: draft-fenner-igmp-iana-01.txt]

----- End forwarded message: