Subject: Host suppression

From: Srivatsan S <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 19:14:51 +0530

Hi,

This is regarding the information furnished in "Appendix A.2  Host
Suppression"

Host suppression doesn't have any meaning for IGMPv3. This is because IGMPv3 
report message includes different records, which in turn includes mode and 
source list information for a group. The chances of mode type and source list
being same for two
hosts on the same network being remote, host suppression doesn't have any
logic in 
IGMPv3. Whereas in IGMPv2, the report packet consisted of only the group
address and 
a single report would suffice per group per network. 

This point has to be mentioned clearly in the appendix section.

Thanks,
Srivatsan

----------------------------------------------------------
Srivatsan S
MindTree Consulting, Bangalore.
Ph: 91-80-6711777 Extn:1428
----------------------------------------------------------