Subject: RE: [idn] Nameprep-01 released

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:33:14 -0500

Paul,

> Good catch; I'll fix that in the -02 draft.

I found two very small editorial issues:

Section 3.2 uses both "Normalize(Fold(x))" and "Normalize(CaseFold(x))".
Either "Fold" or "CaseFold" should be used consistently.

"Normalization" is misspelled as "Normalizaiton" in the header for section
4.

and a question: section 5 says that "If a DNS server receives a request
containing a prohibited character, then the DNS server MUST NOT resolve that
name".  Does that mean that the server should ignore the request or that an
error response should be returned?  It may be more useful to specify how a
server MUST deal with such a request, such as by returning a "not
implemented" or "query refused" error response.

<Scott/>

---

From: "James Seng/Personal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:53:46 +0800

Stupid question: Why is this paragraph, related to Protocol, even in
Nameprep-01?

-James Seng