Subject: [idn] who uses BIND as a base for their internationalized DNS package?

From: "David R. Conrad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:27:07 -0800

I know the following do:

i-DNS
Worldnames

Who else?

Tnx,
-drc

---

From: "Edmon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:50:24 -0500

Hi David,

If you go to www.OpenIDN.org, you will see that the Neteka NeDNS version on
the site is also BIND based, though we also have other versions that are
not. ;-)

Edmon

----- Original Message -----
From: "David R. Conrad" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 9:27 PM
Subject: [idn] who uses BIND as a base for their internationalized DNS
package?

---

From: Rick H Wesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:42:39 -0800 (PST)

Edmon,

Why does your OPENidn stuff require a password, seems oxymornic for
authenticated access for something billed as "open." If you truly want to
bill this stuff as open source then you shouldn't require a registration,
unless you are searching for a business model...

-rick

---

From: "Edmon Chung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:41:16 -0500

Hi Rick,

The reason we are using a password system is that we would love to later
(hopefully very soon) be able to entertain multiple branches of the OpenIDN
NeDNS based on the different proposals at the IETF and that their proponents
would be able to post updates and patches relevant to their branch directly.

The whole idea for OpenIDN is to provide a forum for which I-Ds on the IDN
topic could be tested out.  It is intended that application side products
would be available soon too for people to tryout Application-only-ACE
proposals.  The registration process is simple and we hope it wont be too
much of a hassle.

Edmon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick H Wesson" <[email-masked]>
To: "Edmon" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; "David R. Conrad" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2001 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: [idn] who uses BIND as a base for their internationalized
DNSpackage?