Subject: [idn] Test Prefix for AMC-ACE-Z

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:18:22 -0400

The secondary IDN WG web page [1] includes a registry of prefixes for
testing ACEs.  Two prefixes are currently identified: "bq--" for RACE and
"dq--" for DUDE.  AMC-ACE-Z is gaining a measure of acceptance, but no
prefix has been identified for testing.

Has anyone been testing with a particular prefix?  If not, I'd like to
propose use of "za--" as a test prefix for AMC-ACE-Z.

<Scott/>

[1] http://www.i-d-n.net/

---

From: Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:33:08 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [idn] Test Prefix for AMC-ACE-Z
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:18:22 -0400

> propose use of "za--" as a test prefix for AMC-ACE-Z.

I basically agree with your idea but I it should be differ from
existing ccTLDs to avoid confusion.  Unfortunately 'ZA' is ccTLD of
South Africa, so something other prefix such as "zq--" seems
preferable.

BTW, AMC-ACE-Z is tentative name, so choosing good name for AMC-ACE-Z
is also important discussion item, isn't it?

-- 
Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>
           aka <[email-masked]>