Subject: Scope [Was: Re: [idn] opting out of SC/TC equivalence]

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:48:22 +0200 (CEST)

> Talking about scoping of this WG? which is defined
> in [RFC 2825].  Please check it. 

Liana,

The charter for the IDN WG is not in RFC 2825 but on
the charter web page at www.ietf.org:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/idn-charter.html

As you can see in the milestones the WG has fallen far behind
its schedule.

  Erik

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 01:16:15 -0700

The scope of the group is to investigate the possible means of doing this
and what methods are feasible given the technical impact they will have
on the use of such names by humans as well as application programs, as
well as the impact on other users and administrators of the domain name
system. 

Are we referring to the same language?

Liana