Subject: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:33:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Name Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Improving ACE using code point reordering v2.0
	Author(s)	: S. Lee
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-02.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 17-Sep-01
	
This document describes a method to improve ACE label efficiency by
frequency-based temporal reordering of code points in ACE encoding
and decoding processes in order to relocate scattered frequent 
characters into much more compact area in reordered code space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Soobok Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:12:20 +0900

Hi, all

This table summarizes the # of max chars in labels in each script block.
This will be included the next revision of reordering I-D.
For han/hangul block, REORDERING+ACE-Z outperforms DUDE by nearly 200%.
If you have suggestions or other label samples to test with, 
please leave me a note.
 
Thanks.

Soobok Lee,   [email-masked]

+------------------------------------------------------------+
|Maximum number of characters in a label in each script block|
|                                                            |
|                max char = (63 - 4) / ratio                 |
|   ACE length = 4 + ratio * N ( N : # of chars in label)    |
+---------------+-------------------+-------------------+----+
| Script Block  |     AMC-ACE-Z     |   Reordering +    |Gain|
|               |                   |     AMC-ACE-Z     |    |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+    |
|  Name   |Size |  ratio  |max char |  ratio  |max char |    |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
|   Han   |20992|  2.98   |   19    |  2.21   |   26    | +7 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
| Hangeul |11172|  2.97   |   19    |  2.04   |   28    | +9 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
|  Greek  | 144 |  1.29   |   45    |  1.14   |   51    | +6 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
| Arabic  | 256 |  1.34   |   44    |  1.28   |   46    | +2 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
|Cyrillic | 304 |  1.23   |   47    |  1.15   |   51    | +4 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
| Hebrew  | 102 |  1.29   |   45    |  1.18   |   50    | +5 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
|  Hindi  | 128 |  1.31   |   45    |  1.17   |   50    | +5 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
|Hiragana | 96  |  1.50   |   39    |  1.45   |   40    | +1 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
|Katakana | 96  |  1.44   |   40    |  1.33   |   44    | +4 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
|  Tamil  | 128 |  1.62   |   36    |  1.14   |   51    |+15 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
|  Thai   | 128 |  1.39   |   42    |  1.13   |   52    |+10 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+
|Ethiopic | 416 |  2.10   |   28    |  1.60   |   36    | +8 |
+---------+-----+---------+---------+---------+---------+----+