Subject: [idn] Test cases for AMC-Z

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:59:19 -0700

Greetings again. Some of you have asked offline for test cases for 
AMC-Z. The following URL is an 8.5 MB file that expands to 34 MB. It 
contains all 641883 unique IDN names from a recent snapshot of the 
VGRS multilingual test bed. The contents of the file looks like:

. . .
U+D68C U+D654|dz--9x8b1d
U+D68C U+D654 U+0069|dz--i-9m3grf
U+D68C U+D68C|dz--vz8ba
U+D68C U+0031|dz--1-hq3g
. . .

All entries in the file were prepared first by converting the VGRS 
zone files from RACE to U+ format, then by converting the U+ into 
AMC-Z. The latter conversion was done twice, first with Adam's C code 
from the draft, then using my Perl code which is based on his 
pseudocode. The two outputs were identical, which is a good (but not 
perfect) sign.

It would be great if other folks who have written their own AMC-Z 
implementations would test against the file. (There is obviously no 
need to do so if you are just using Adam's code.) Further, if other 
folks have collections of example host names, please post them in a 
similar format so we can all test against them.

The file is at <http://www.imc.org/nameprep/mltbd-amcz.gz>. Again, 
you only want to download this if you can actually test against it 
(bandwidth isn't free, y'know...). Please send any results to the 
mailing list.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium