Subject: [idn] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-stringprep-00.txt

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:12:04 -0700

Greetings. This announcement goes with the one from earlier this 
morning about the new version of nameprep. Marc and I have split the 
document into two so that folks other than the IDN WG can use the 
structure we came up with. A new mailing list for just the stringprep 
structure (not how IDN will use it) will start up soon, as described 
in the stringprep draft. Nameprep discussion should continue on this 
list.

--Paul Hoffman

>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>From: [email-masked]
>Reply-to: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-stringprep-00.txt
>Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 07:09:46 -0400
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>
>	Title		: Preparation of Internationalized Strings
>                           ('stringprep')
>	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman, M. Blanchet
>	Filename	: draft-hoffman-stringprep-00.txt
>	Pages		:
>	Date		: 27-Sep-01
>
>This document describes a framework for preparing text strings in order
>to increase the likelihood that string input and string comparison work
>in ways that make sense for typical users throughout the world. The
>stringprep protocol is useful for protocol identifier values, company
>and personal names, internationalized domain names, and other text
>strings.
>
>This document does not specify how protocols should prepare text
>strings. Protocols must create profiles of stringprep in order to fully
>specify the processing options.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-stringprep-00.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
>ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-hoffman-stringprep-00.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>	[email-masked].
>In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-stringprep-00.txt".
>
>NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
>
>[The following attachment must be fetched by mail. Command-click the 
>URL below and send the resulting message to get the attachment.]
><mailto:[email-masked]?body=ENCODING%20mime%0D%0AFILE%20/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-stringprep-00.txt>
>[The following attachment must be fetched by ftp.  Command-click the 
>URL below to ask your ftp client to fetch it.]
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-stringprep-00.txt>