Subject: [idn] Prefix for testing AMC-Z implementations

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:34:40 -0700

Greetings again. It appears that many folks have implemented the 
AMC-Z ACE and want to test their implementations with each other, but 
have been hampered because no prefix for testing has been announced. 
I am not empowered to (only the WG chairs are), but in order to get 
the WG moving forwards again, I propose that those folks with AMC-Z 
implementations use the prefix "DZ--".

Hopefully, the WG chairs will agree with this and put it on the WG 
web site at <http://www.i-d-n.net/>. And hopefully they will update 
that page so that it reflects the current draft of AMC-Z.

The test page at <http://www.imc.org/nameprep/> has been updated to 
use AMC-Z, and the Perl source code for the Unicode transformations 
now supports AMC-Z. It would be great if other folks with AMC-Z 
implementations use the new prefix and we can start doing some 
serious testing soon.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: "James Seng/Personal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:45:55 +0800

> that page so that it reflects the current draft of AMC-Z.

Can't speak for Marc but I do know Marc have been trying to get this
action done but this is a case without precedent for IANA. We are still
waiting for answer from IANA on this.

But for testing implemention (not deployment), feel free to use Paul's
suggestion.

ps: Personally, I do not see why a prefix need to be set for testing
AMC-Z implementation since you only need to compare the encoded ACE
without the prefix.

-James Seng