Subject: [idn] REMINDER: reordering strawpoll

From: "James Seng/Personal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:31:12 +0800

The working group co-chairs would like to conduct a strawpoll to
guage the consensus of the working group on reordering
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-02.txt

Instructions:
- Send an email to [email-masked]
- In your subject, put a single word "YES", "NO", or "ABSTAIN"
- Leave your body empty. Any text in body will be ignored.

The strawpoll will conclude on 16th Nov 23:59 GMT. Counting will be
done by wg members, Yoshiro Yoneya, Yves Arrouye, Dave Crocker and
the co-chairs, Marc Blanchet & James Seng. The result of the poll will
be made public after we tally the count.

--- STRAWPOLL QUESTION ---
Do you agree to include reordering (draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace) into
NAMEPREP-ACE architecture?

---- YES -----: mailto:[email-masked]?Subject=YES
If you say 'yes', then you agree to include reordering into
NAMEPREP-ACE architecture.

The implication of 'yes' result is that draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace will be
added into NAMEPREP-ACE architecture

----- NO -----: mailto:[email-masked]?Subject=NO
If you say 'no', then you disagree to include reordering into
NAMEPREP-ACE architecture.

The implication of 'no' result is that draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace
will be dropped from the wg core interest.

--- ABSTAIN ---: mailto:[email-masked]?Subject=ABSTAIN
If you say 'abstain', then you are happy with either 'yes' or 'no',
following the majority opinion.

--- SILENT ----: Of course, you may choose to remain silent.

---

From: "James Seng/Personal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:48:06 +0800

One note: A strawpoll is not a vote. We dont do vote in IETF.

Unfortuately, this strawpoll may appears to be a "voting" style but it
is not a vote. The emails are gathered in a separated list (to avoid
flooding the main one) and will be summaries to the wg when we are done.
The group will then have to draw its own conclusion.

Therefore, gathering people to "vote" YES or NO in the strawpoll is
pointless since X>Y does not mean anything, especially if the people who
submit their opinion are (a) have not posted to the group before and (b)
not even in the mailing list.

Ultimately, the group will have to draw its own conclusion when we
summaries the results.

-James Seng