Subject: Re: [idn] SUMMARY: reordering strawpoll

From: liana Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:37:17 -0600

James:

   To be more theoretic in the sense of architecture design 
of  IDN from the straw poll, I would add a few more comments.  

  The conventional programming is into procedural approach,
so does the IEFT standard works.  When we look at UCS
as a mass of data, we may say that is the problem for UTC
to deal with. 

  The fact is as has been discussed on the list for the last 
(how many months?) months, there is no solution in this
type of approach.  

 The straw poll has shown a complete different approach
in dealing with the data-mass type of problem, or I make 
it more stylish by saying data-centric programming 
techniques.  As the author has been saying, it can be 
adopted to different requirements according to whatever 
the specifics come up.  

The straw poll has shown:
   There is consistent experiences in dealing with CJK by 
only looking at CJK as data-centric problem.  This is consistent 
with UTC experiences, and we are talking about more than 
100 scripts instead of only 3 scripts. 

I am about to lunch into another area from this point.  I'll 
wait for feed-backs (instead of disbute) before I continue.  
Again, no feed-backs means no disbute to the above 
comments.

Liana

> 
> Comments from others please.
> 
> -James Seng
> 
>