Subject: [idn] a few notes

From: "James Seng/Personal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 02:29:04 +0800

charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4807.1700
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4910.0300
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

For those who been recieving "corrupted" emails with a long list of
headers, please accept my apologises.

For the record, this is what happened:

When a mail send to [email-masked], beside checking for valid poster
(either subscribed to the mailing list or in the exceptional
list), it also check for two other things, namely, a. likely
subscription command (e.g. subscribe, unsubscribe etc) and b. very long
header.

In the thread titled "Chinese Domain Name Consortium (CDNC)
Declaration", there is a long list of To & Cc list, so it bounced to me
as "header too long" error. In this case, it will be send to me for
approval and I have to manually bounce it to the list. And during the
bouncing process, while I tried to be careful to retain the headers and
making sure it is RFC822 compilence, it is *very* long and sometimes I
missed. This cause some headers to leak into the body.

Moral of the story: Please dont send email to the list with lots of To &
Cc: or very long headers. Thank you for your co-operation.

-James Seng