Subject: [idn] IDNC3: clean, careful, conservative IDNs

From: "D. J. Bernstein" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Feb 2002 05:31:01 -0000

http://cr.yp.to/proto/idnc3.html

I'm particularly interested in hearing comments from Chinese users. The
IDNC3 framework will allow the TC .traditional and SC .simplified TLDs,
for example.

---D. J. Bernstein, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics,
Statistics, and Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago

---

From: "ben" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:21:00 -0500

Hi Dan,

> IDNC3 framework will allow the TC .traditional and SC .simplified
TLDs,

You words are music to my ears.      ;-)

However, first things first... provide the means for the users to
start using IDNs first. (I do *not* see the need to replace IDNA.)
Then later on, for needs that cannot be met with the existing
technology, we can work on other ways to improve/help (including
John's idea for a search/directory.)

Thanks,
Ben

---

From: "ben" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:49:27 -0500

> John's idea for a search/directory.)

By the way, I want to apologize to anyone who may find this approach
offensive.  Unfortunately, if this WG is waiting for everyone to say
"Yes, I agree and I have no objections" before moving forward with
IDNs then the WG may as well wait for the cows to come home.

Thanks,
Ben