Subject: [idn] vote and protest

From: "James Seng/Personal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:56:50 +0800

Some personal opinion:

1. Vote

This is not an election - We dont vote in IETF. Telling all your friends
to support your ideas does not work in IETF. It have to stand up to the
technical scrutiny of the wg.

2. Protest

Protest will always be noted. But this is IETF, not ICANN. We prefer
solution over critics. Learn the culture first.

Personally, I hold iis.sinica.edu.tw in comtempt.

The first time iis.sinica.edu.tw have organised such massive spam is on
the strawpoll for reordering and create an appearance of support when
there is none. The current protest is a second series.

It certainly does not project an appropriate image for such an
well-established research academy in Taiwan.

Note: There are about ~17 non-member (16 from iss.sinica.edu.tw) mails
stuck in my mailbox as of writing this. I am in discussion with the ADs
on the next step so please give me a while to sort it out.

-James Seng