Subject: [idn] Fw: BOUNCE [email-masked]: Non-member submission from ["Chien-Ming Tseng" <[email-masked]>]

From: "James Seng/Personal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 05:59:21 +0800

From: "Chien-Ming Tseng" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: PROTEST! RESCUE CHINESE DOMAIN NAMES.
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 02:00:08 +0800
charset="big5"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Mailer: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Thread-Index: AcGvOBz7QVK67ou/S0q9KfWj/a4AMQ==
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4910.0300

[Note: there is a series of emails with the exact same content originated
from iis.sinica.edu.tw. I will continue to bounce it to the list until
someone ask me to stop - JS]

PROTEST! RESCUE CHINESE DOMAIN NAMES.

Many Han character variants, also known as equivalent Chinese =
characters, exists in Unicode. A Chinese domain name thus usually has =
many different Unicode representations. As Unicode evolves, more CJK Han =
characters are added to Unicode. It also increases the number of =
variants of a character and the number of characters with variants, and =
thus the number of Unicode representations per Chinese domain name. =20

Though it meets the needs for internationalized domain name of those =
people who uses phonetic characters. However, a Chinese domain name =
service based on IDN WG technology is defective.

We urge the working group to seriously take these cultural differences =
into account. Do not finalize IDN documents without minimizing their =
negative impacts against Chinese domain names.

DO NOT DAMAGE INTERNET COMUNITY IN CHINA AND TAIWAN!

Chien-Ming Tseng
[email-masked]
National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, ROC

---

From: "James Seng/Personal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 05:59:28 +0800

Chien-Ming Tseng