From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:31:16 -0500 (EST)

Elliotte Rusty Harold scripsit:

> Another possibility is a super-normalization that does combine
> similar looking Unicode characters; e.g. in the domain name system we
> might decide that microsoft.com with Latin o's or Cyrillic o's or
> Greek o's is to resolve to the same address.

In that case comment NOW, TODAY or TOMORROW, to the IETF IDN lists
so that they can extend the nameprep process to do such things.
(They will be resistant at this stage, no doubt, but it's worth
a try.)  The Unicode list can't help you.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
[email-masked]
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.
There
are no words left to express his staggerment, since Men changed the
language
that they learned of elves in the days when all the world was wonderful.
        --_The Hobbit_