Subject: [idn] Thanks you all replying "a queston"...May I conclude that?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:05:28 +0800

Thanks all people on the mailing list.

After reading the mails these days, i learn a lot.

Thanks to Kenneth Whistler and Chun-Hsin Wu on thread "Inputting mixed
SC/TC".
It is demoed how Chinese characters are inputted in most widely used OS.
And
show how they are used even the fonts looked different with defined in
UNICODE. We
uses these fonts, and we never consider they are wrong even if "U+6DF8"
and
"U+6E05"
are displayed in the same shape.

Frankly speaking, I never notice there is difference, and think they are
different
characters. Of course, it is outside the scope of UNICODE and computer
display, and
IDN.......:-(

Especially thanks to James Seng, and Adam M. Costello. You teach me a
fact:
Chinese should be re-educated to learn how Chinese characters are used
as an
Identifier
before we can use IDN and then we can survive in the "International"
Internet.  :-(

As there is no objection about the story I've mentioned in my last mail.
So
can I conclude below?
In the IDNA architecture, if Chinese want their 2^n names,
a) register all allowed names (... I don't know who decide which are
allowd,
which are not?? )
b) configure correctly the registered names on related servers
c) For those not-allowed names, apologize to their customers. Prepare
answers, especially for
characters that have different code points, and displayed in the same
shape.

And then, if the CDN of www.csie.ntu.edu.tw is "網�
�.資訊系.台灣大學.教育部.
台灣"
i.e., "U+7DB2 U+9801.U+8CC7 U+8A0A U+7CFB.U+81FA U+7063 U+5927
U+5B78.U+6559
U+80B2 U+90EB.U+81FA U+7063",
we find that in the name, U+7DB2, U+9801, U+8CC7, U+8A0A, U+81FA,
U+7063,
U+5B78, U+6559 have at least 2 variants, and U+81FA, U+7063 are used
twice,
and
there are total 2^10 names.

WooWoo, What a great number it is.

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com