Subject: Re: [idn] spelling of Chinese names

From: liana Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 00:42:45 -0700

The word "SPELL"  in Sprintprep-02 is not correctly 
describing how concept is used in practise for Chinese:

1.  Introduction

Other examples are
simplified Chinese spellings of names (for example,
"<U+7EDF><U+4E00><U+7801>") vs. the equivalent traditional 
Chinese spelling (for example, "<U+7D71><U+4E00><U+78BC>").

Different "Spellings" of Chinese names means the following:

Hung vs. Huang
Wang vs. Wong 
Yee vs. Yu
Xiu vs. Chiu
...

These are the "different spellings" of the same characters. 
 I suggest change the  sentense to:

Other examples are
Chinese charater string (for example,
"<U+7EDF><U+4E00><U+7801>") vs. the other Chinese character string 
(for example, "<U+7D71><U+4E00><U+78BC>").

Which is not touch the TC/SC issue neither to use the word "spelling".

Liana