Subject: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-punycode-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 07:21:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Name Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Punycode: An encoding of Unocode for use with IDNA
	Author(s)	: A. Costello
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idn-punycode-02.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 23-May-02
	
Punycode is a simple and efficient transfer encoding syntax designed
for use with Internationalized Domain Names in Applications [IDNA].
It uniquely and reversibly transforms a Unicode string [UNICODE]
into an ASCII string [ASCII].  ASCII characters in the Unicode
string are represented literally, and non-ASCII characters are
represented by ASCII characters that are allowed in host name labels
(letters, digits, and hyphens).  This document defines a general
algorithm called Bootstring that allows a string of basic code
points to uniquely represent any string of code points drawn from
a larger set.  Punycode is an instance of Bootstring that uses
particular parameter values specified by this document, appropriate
for IDNA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-punycode-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idn-punycode-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-punycode-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Roozbeh Pournader <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 16:54:29 +0430 (IRST)

> 	Title		: Punycode: An encoding of Unocode for use with IDNA
                                                     ^
I really hope this is not in the real title, but just a mistake.

roozeh

---

From: "Adam M. Costello" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 21:18:45 +0000

Roozbeh Pournader <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Title: Punycode: An encoding of Unocode for use with IDNA
>                                     ^

It's a typo in the announcement (and on the IDN WG charter page), not in
the draft itself.

AMC