Subject: [idn] Last Call: Internationalizing Domain Names In Applications (IDNA) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:39:28 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the Internationalized Domain Name
Working Group to consider the following Internet-Drafts as Proposed
Standards:

o Internationalizing Domain Names In Applications (IDNA)
  <draft-ietf-idn-idna-08.txt>

o Nameprep: A Stringprep Profile for Internationalized Domain Names
	  <draft-ietf-idn-nameprep-10.txt>

o Punycode: An encoding of Unocode for use with IDNA
	  <draft-ietf-idn-punycode-02.txt>

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by June 6, 2002.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-idna-08.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-nameprep-10.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-punycode-02.txt

---

From: Erik Nordmark - Sun Microsystems <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:42:33 -0000

>Shouldn't that be idna-09, not idna-08?  Four hours earlier I received a
>message that idna-09 was available, and I downloaded it.  Is everything
>stable here?

Yes, please review -09.

The reason for this confusion is due to me requesting the last call last week
and Paul fixing some typos and submitted -09 after I sent the request
to the IETF secretariat.

   Erik