Subject: [idn] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-stringprep-05.txt

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:18:53 -0700

This draft contains a few changes that were prompted by the 
post-last-comments asking for clarity on the new BIDI section. It now 
goes to the IESG to consider.

>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>From: [email-masked]
>Reply-to: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-stringprep-05.txt
>Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 07:40:00 -0400
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>
>	Title		: Preparation of Internationalized Strings
>                           ('stringprep')
>	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman, M. Blanchet
>	Filename	: draft-hoffman-stringprep-05.txt
>	Pages		:
>	Date		: 31-Jul-02
>
>This document describes a framework for preparing Unicode text strings
>in order to increase the likelihood that string input and string
>comparison work in ways that make sense for typical users throughout the
>world. The stringprep protocol is useful for protocol identifier values,
>company and personal names, internationalized domain names, and other
>text strings.
>
>This document does not specify how protocols should prepare text
>strings. Protocols must create profiles of stringprep in order to fully
>specify the processing options.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-stringprep-05.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
>ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-hoffman-stringprep-05.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>	[email-masked].
>In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-stringprep-05.txt".
>
>NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
>
>[The following attachment must be fetched by mail. Command-click the 
>URL below and send the resulting message to get the attachment.]
><mailto:[email-masked]?body=ENCODING%20mime%0D%0AFILE%20/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-stringprep-05.txt>
>[The following attachment must be fetched by ftp.  Command-click the 
>URL below to ask your ftp client to fetch it.]
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-stringprep-05.txt>