Subject: Re: [idn] implementations list

From: [email-masked] (Martin v. Löwis)
Date: 27 Apr 2003 10:10:32 +0200

Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]> writes:

> I would like to rework the http://www.i-d-n.net (which is very outdated, my
> apologies) to reflect the status of the idn work and to start collecting
> information on implementations.

Python 2.3 implements IDNA. Here is the record in the format you are
requesting.

Name: Python 2.3b1
Purpose: library
Programming language: Python
Url: http://www.python.org/2.3/
     http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-encodings.idna.html
Description: Unicode strings are transparently accepted as host names
 in the socket, ftplib, httplib, and urllib libraries. For conversions
 from ACE, the "idna" codec is provided. The implementation assumes
 query strings, and UseSTD3ASCIIRules is false. Along with the IDNA
 implementation comes a "punycode" codec and a stringprep module.

Regards,
Martin