Subject: [idn] Moving the IDN RFCs from Proposed to Draft Standards

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:21:36 -0700

Greetings again. Patrik, Adam, Marc and I have made editorial 
revisions to the RFCs in a new series of Internet drafts. The 
announcements for those drafts came out recently; the following four 
messages include a summary of the announcements plus the list from 
each Internet Draft about what changes it makes to the corresponding 
RFC. Note that none of the protocols were changed: all the document 
changes were for clarification based on comments we have received 
over the past six months, plus a few minor editorial changes. That 
is, an implementation of the old RFC should work the same under the 
new RFC.

Comments on the individual drafts are appreciated.

BTW, the second part of moving RFCs from Proposed to Draft Standard 
involves finding two or more independent interoperable 
implementations of the standard. We believe that we found many during 
the IDNConnect event (see <http://www.idnconnect.jdna.jp>) a few 
weeks ago, and we'll be making a full report on this soon.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium