Subject: [idn] draft-hoffman-rfc3490bis

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:21:47 -0700

Title		: Internationalizing Domain Names in 
Applications (IDNA)
	Author(s)	: P. Faltstrom, P. Hoffman, A. Costello
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-rfc3490bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-10-7

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-rfc3490bis-00.txt

-----

 From the draft:

This document is a revision of RFC 3490. None of the changes affect the
protocol described in RFC 3490; that is, all implementations of RFC 3490
will be identical with implementations of the specification in this
document. The items that have changed RFC 3490 document are:

- The last line of section 1 has a grammatical fix (user's -> users').

- In section 3.1 rule 3, fixed spelling of "unintelligle" to
   "unintelligible".

- In step 8 of section 4.1, added "(0 is excluded)" to clarify.

- In section 4.2, the first sentence of the third paragraph was
   incorrect. It has been replaced with a sentence that is both
   correct and more descriptive.

- Added "ToUnicode consists of the following steps:" before the steps
   in section 4.2.

- Changed wording of step 1 of section 4.2 to match the wording in section
   4.1 (the result is identical).

- Added the last paragraph in section 6.1 to acknowledge that some Unicode
   display issues are tricky, but they are not specific to IDNA.

- The sentence in section 11 now says the sequence that was chosen.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium