Subject: [idn] draft-hoffman-rfc3491bis

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:21:47 -0700

Title		: Nameprep: A Stringprep Profile for 
Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman, M. Blanchet
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-rfc3491bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-10-7

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-rfc3491bis-00.txt

-----

 From the draft:

This document is a revision of RFC 3491. None of the changes affect the
protocol described in RFC 3491; that is, all implementations of RFC 3491
will be identical with implementations of the specification in this
document. The items that have changed RFC 3491 document are:

- In section 1.1, a sentence was added to the end of the first paragraph
   to make it clear that implementations must follow the same steps in
   Stringprep, not just use the tables from Stringprep. The numbered list
   added as well.

- In section 5, removed "This profile MUST be used with the IDNA
   protocol" because it is expected that other protocols might use this
   profile as well.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium