Subject: [idn] Re: FYI: BOF on Internationalized Email Addresses (IEA)

From: [email-masked] (WJCarpenter)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:43:14 +0000

mc> As presently constituted, email addresses are limited to the 26
mc> Latin alphabetics, 10 digits, and a limited number of special
mc> characters in the ASCII character set.  There is a growing need to

upper and lower case alphabetics
-- [email-masked] (WJCarpenter) PGP 0x91865119 38 95 1B 69 C9 C6 
3D 25 73 46 32 04 69 D6 ED F3

---

From: Dave Aronson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:43:09 -0500

> upper and lower case alphabetics

Yes, but with either of those two sets (generally) considered equivalent
to the other, boiling down to effectively 26 choices.

-- Dave Aronson, Senior Software Engineer, Secure Software Inc. Email me 
at: work (D0T) 2004 (@T) dja (D0T) mailme (D0T) org Web: 
http://destined.to/program http://listen.to/davearonson

---

From: "Michel Suignard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:18:45 -0800

JS>I seen John and Paul proposal but I have not seen Michel. Is there a draft that I can read
JS>up? 

I don't have a proposal. I am listed there as a co-editor of the IRI spec which has a peripheral impact on the IEA (such as extending the URI mailto scheme). Like many I am listening with interest to the points made for or against the two proposals.

Michel Suignard