Subject: [idn] NUDGE: Moving the IDN RFCs from Proposed to Draft Standards

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:05:32 -0700

Just a quick reality check. I sent this message with the four 
follow-ons a week ago. We haven't heard anything on the list (or off 
the list, for that matter). Maybe our proposed changes are perfect 
and beyond comment...

>Greetings again. Patrik, Adam, Marc and I have made editorial 
>revisions to the RFCs in a new series of Internet drafts. The 
>announcements for those drafts came out recently; the following four 
>messages include a summary of the announcements plus the list from 
>each Internet Draft about what changes it makes to the corresponding 
>RFC. Note that none of the protocols were changed: all the document 
>changes were for clarification based on comments we have received 
>over the past six months, plus a few minor editorial changes. That 
>is, an implementation of the old RFC should work the same under the 
>new RFC.
>
>Comments on the individual drafts are appreciated.
>
>BTW, the second part of moving RFCs from Proposed to Draft Standard 
>involves finding two or more independent interoperable 
>implementations of the standard. We believe that we found many 
>during the IDNConnect event (see <http://www.idnconnect.jdna.jp>) a 
>few weeks ago, and we'll be making a full report on this soon.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium