Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idr-aggregation-tutorial-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 08:56:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Route Aggregation Tutorial
	Author(s)	: E. Chen, J. Stewart  III
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idr-aggregation-tutorial-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 13-Mar-98
	
   Route aggregation is critical to the long-term viability of the
   Internet.  This document presents practical information that network
   managers can use to both understand the concepts of aggregation as
   well as put those concepts into use in order to do their part to make
   the Internet stable and allow its continued growth.  The intended
   audience for this document is anyone responsible for configuring a
   network which has its own Autonomous System Number (ASN) and
   exchanges routing information with its Internet Service Provider(s)
   (ISP(s)) using the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).  This document does
   not cover multi-homing, though multi-homed sites can still benefit
   from understanding this material.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idr-aggregation-tutorial-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-aggregation-tutorial-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-aggregation-tutorial-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.