Subject: Graceful restart timer range

From: "Venu Kumar G - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:21:00 +0530

HI folks!

    Most of the deployed routers will take more than 3  minutes to restart,
Generaly we may configure Hold time at maximum of 3 minuutes(RFC sujjests 90
seconds only). So I hope Mostly Restart time will/may be greater than  Hold
time value.

    "In general the Restart Time SHOULD NOT be greater than the HOLDTIME
   carried in the OPEN " 
   
   How about changing the above statment to  like this..?  
    
   "In general the Restart Time MAY be greater than the HOLDTIME
   carried in the OPEN, but however it is sujjested to be lesser than 
   HOLDTIME carried in the OPEN " 

Regards
Venu G.

****************************************************
Meet us at Networld+Interop, Las Vegas, 7-9-May-2002
Booth# 3327, Embedded Networking Technologies Area
HCL Tech in Designers' Roundtable
<http://education.key3media.com:8080/interop/lv2002/education/FMPro?-DB=K3Se
ssions.fp5&-lay=webform&-format=session_detail.html&Session_ID=2678&-Find>
Tuesday, May 7, 2002, 10: 30 am - 11:30 am
Location: Pavilion 10 
www.hcltech.com <http://www.hcltech.com>
**********************************************
Disclaimer:
This document is intended for transmission to the named recipient only.  If
you are not that person, you should note that legal rights reside in this
document and you are not authorized to access, read, disclose, copy, use or
otherwise deal with it and any such actions are prohibited and may be
unlawful. The views expressed in this document are not necessarily those of
HCL Technologies Ltd. Notice is hereby given that no representation,
contract or other binding obligation shall be created by this e-mail, which
must be interpreted accordingly. Any representations, contractual rights or
obligations shall be separately communicated in writing and signed in the
original by a duly authorized officer of the relevant company.