Subject: NLRI in both update and withdraw

From: Manav Bhatia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:41:50 +0530

Hi,
I want to know as to what the current implementations out there in the
field do and what is the appropriate and the correct method for dealing
with UPDATE messages  having the same NLRI listed in both the withdrawn and
the feasible routes.

Regards,
Manav

----
"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you
sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."

-Albert Einstein, on relativity

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:14:57 -0400

From -17:

   An UPDATE message should not include the same address prefix in the
   WITHDRAWN ROUTES and Network Layer Reachability Information fields,
   however a BGP speaker MUST be able to process UPDATE messages in this
   form. A BGP speaker should treat an UPDATE message of this form as if
   the WITHDRAWN ROUTES doesn't contain the address prefix.

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies