Subject: Issue 45 BGP Base Draft - Issue List v2.0 (Draft-19)

From: "Tom Petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:51:56 -0000

Issue 45 is event 17 (TCP connection fails) in Connect state which
wants a textual description to reflect Jeff's statement.

I propose

       If the TCP connection fails[Event 17] and the Open Delay
       timer is running, the local system:
           - restarts the connect retry timer,
           - clears the Open Delay timer
           - continues to listen for a connection that may be
              initiated by the remote BGP peer, and
           - changes its state to Active.

        If the TCP connection fails [Event17] and the Open Delay
        timer is not running, the local system:
             - drops the TCP connection,
             - releases all BGP resources,
             - sets ConnectRetryCnt (the connect retry count) to zero
             - resets the connect retry timer (sets to zero), and
             - goes to Idle state.

to replace

       If the TCP connection fails (timeout or disconnect)
        [Event17], the local system:
            - restarts the connect retry timer,
            - continues to listen for a connection that may be
              initiated by the remote BGP peer, and
            - changes its state to Active.

Tom Petch
[email-masked]