Subject: Issue 26 BGP Base Draft - Issue List v2.0 (Draft-19)

From: "Tom Petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:06:42 -0000

Issue 26 discusses adding a new event or events for start with
bgp-stop flap option set.

But if we add an event, then we must add and agree on actions for all
six existing states so I think to say that adding a new event settle
things might be naive.

If we do add
   3) Automatic start with passive TCP establishment and bgp_stop_flap
option set

which I understand is Sue's resolution, then for Idle state the
actions are straightforward but for the other five, is the event
completely ignored?  If so, does it mean that the passive flag and the
bgp_stop_flap option are ignored and we carry on as if we were when we
were started which may have been without them.  Or is the fact of
starting ignored but the flags remain set and so color the effect of
other events?  Needs defining.

Tom Petch
[email-masked]