Subject: [Idr] Multisession BGP draft

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:37:10 -0500

Folks,

We've requested a slot at next week's IDR meeting to talk about 
draft-scudder-bgp-multisession-00.txt.  As we missed the cutoff by a 
good bit, there's a version available here:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/jgs/draft-scudder-bgp-multisession-00.txt

It will be available there until the draft makes it into the regular 
Internet Drafts repository.

The abstract is as follows:

    This specification augments "Multiprotocol Extensions for BGP-4" [MP-
    BGP] by proposing a mechanism to allow multiple sessions to be used
    between a given pair of BGP speakers.  Each session is used to
    transport routes for one or more AFI/SAFI.  This provides an
    alternative to the current [MP-BGP] approach of multiplexing routes
    for all AFI/SAFI onto a single connection.

    Use of this approach is expected to increase the robustness of the
    BGP protocol as it is used to support more and more diverse AFI/SAFI.

See you in Minneapolis.

--John

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr