Subject: [Idr] Liaison from the MPLS & Frame Relay Alliance on draft-ck-bgp-atm- nlri-00.txt

From: "Busschbach, Peter B (Peter)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:33:39 -0400

This email was sent to the mailing list, but for some reason hasn't come through. This is a re-send

============================================================================

This email is being sent on behalf of Rao Cherukuri, [email-masked].

Sue and Yakov,

The MPLS and Frame Relay Alliance (MFA) is working on Implementation
Agreements regarding ATM-MPLS Control Plane Interworking. This work
builds on the ATM encapsulation defined by the PWE3 WG. In the context
of this work, MFA has come to the conclusion that in certain cases it
would be advantageous to use Multi-Protocol BGP to transport ATM
reachability information between independent ATM islands across an MPLS
core network.

Internet-Draft draft-ck-bgp-atm-nlri-00.txt describes the reference
architecture, problem statement and a possible solution. Since this
draft accurately reflects the reference architecture and problem
statement that the MFA is working on, we would appreciate it if the IDR
WG would accept the draft as a Working Group document and would work
with the authors to progress this to an RFC.

Cordially,

Rao Cherukuri
Chairman, MPLS and Frame Relay Alliance Technical Committee

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr