Subject: [Idr] RFC 5004 on Avoid BGP Best Path Transitions from One External to Another

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 17:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5004

        Title:      Avoid BGP Best Path Transitions 
                    from One External to Another 
        Author:     E. Chen, S. Sangli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11437
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-avoid-transition-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5004.txt

In this document, we propose an extension to the BGP route selection rules
that would avoid unnecessary best path transitions
between external paths under certain conditions.  The proposed extension
would help the overall network stability, and more importantly, would
eliminate certain BGP route oscillations in which more than one external
path from one BGP speaker contributes to the churn.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr