Subject: [Idr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-idr-rfc4760bis-01.txt

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:51:15 -0700

Folks,

I just posted the -01 version that reflects the change mentioned
below.

Yakov.
------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 16 Feb 2011 06:12:49 -0800
From:    Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
To:      Ilya Varlashkin <[email-masked]>
cc:      IETF IDR <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-idr-rfc4760bis-00.txt 

Ilya,

> As I've previously mentioned in private conversation, this draft
> seem like a perfect place to address an issue of intermixing various
> SAFI of the same AFI.  The problem has been discussed here at IDR
> ("interoperability of 6PE and native -IPv6 within same network" -
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/idr/current/m sg04364.html).
> What's group view on adding something along following line to th e
> draft: if a route has been learned from AFI=x SAFI=y1, then BGP
> speaker MAY NOT advertise it over a SAFI=y2 session unless speaker
> sets itself as NEXT_HOP?

To address the above let me propose that we'll add the following:

   A router SHALL NOT redistribute routing information received
   over one particular combination of <AFI, SAFI> into another <AFI,
   SAFI> unless explicitly configured. The implications of doing
   such redistribution are numerous and serious, but outside the
   scope of this document. If a router is explicitly configured
   to redistribute routing information received over one particular
   combination of <AFI, SAFI> over another <AFI, SAFI>, then when
   redistributing the information the router MUST set NEXT_HOP to
   self.

In the absence of any objections within the next two weeks I'll
re-issue a revised version that will include the above text.
  
Yakov.

>  
> On Jan 10, 2011, at 18:45 , [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> > A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts director
ies.
> > This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the 
IETF.
> > 
> > 
> > 	Title           : Multiprotocol Extensions for BGP-4
> > 	Author(s)       : R. Chandra, et al.
> > 	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rfc4760bis-00.txt
> > 	Pages           : 12
> > 	Date            : 2011-01-10
> > 
> > This document defines extensions to BGP-4 to enable it to carry
> > routing information for multiple Network Layer protocols (e.g., IPv6,
> > IPX, L3VPN, etc...). The extensions are backward compatible - a
> > router that supports the extensions can interoperate with a router
> > that doesn't support the extensions.
> > 
> > A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-rfc4760bis-00.txt
> > 
> > Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
> > ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
> > 
> > Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
> > implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
> > Internet-Draft.
> > <Mail Attachment>_______________________________________________
> > Idr mailing list
> > [email-masked]
> > https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr
> 
> /iLya
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

------- End of Forwarded Message