Subject: [Idr] BGP Persistent Route Oscillation Solutions as WG item

From: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 04:34:01 -0500

Hi!

The 'BGP Persistent Route Oscillation Solutions' draft has been stable
for quite some time; here's the latest version (no changes, just a
refresh):
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-walton-bgp-route-oscillation-stop-04

I would like to request that this draft become a WG item.

As a reminder, I included the abstract below.

Thanks!!

Alvaro.

Abstract

   In this document we present two sets of paths for an address prefix
   that can be advertised by a BGP route reflector or confederation ASBR
   to eliminate the MED-induced route oscillations in a network.  The
   first set involves all the available paths, and would achieve the
   same routing consistency as the full IBGP mesh.  The second set,
   which is a subset of the first one, involves the neighbor-AS based
   Group Best Paths, and would be sufficient to eliminate the MED-
   induced route oscillations (subject to certain commonly adopted
   topological constrains).

---

From: John Scudder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:26:06 -0700

Please send comments to the list by April 14, 2011.

I note there was some discussion of this on the list around May 10-12 2010, which wasn't resolved.  Folks may want to take a look at the archives.

--John
  
On Mar 30, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Alvaro Retana (aretana) wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr