Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-reserved-extended-communities-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 08:24:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Assigned BGP extended communities
	Author(s)       : Bruno Decraene
                          Pierre Francois
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-reserved-extended-communities-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2011-05-23

   This document defines two IANA registries in order to assign
   transitive and non-transitive extended communities from.  These are
   similar to the existing well-known BGP communities defined in RFC
   1997 but provide an easier control of inter-AS community
   advertisement as a community could be chosen as transitive or non-
   transitive across ASes.

   For that purpose, this document defines the use of the reserved AS
   number 0 for the transitive and non-transitive generic four-octet AS
   specific extended community types.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-reserved-extended-communities-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-reserved-extended-communities-01.txt

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 17:39:01 +0200

Hi,

Draft has been updated to reflect the two changes previously proposed on
the mailing list:

- Name changed from "Reserved extended communities" to "Assigned
extended communities"
- Instead of getting 2 new extended community types, use of the reserved
AS number 0 in "generic four-octet AS specific" extended communities.

As a reminder, the above changes have been proposed in the following
emails:
- http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/idr/current/msg04893.html
- http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/idr/current/msg04883.html

Thanks,
Regards,
Bruno

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
>Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 5:24 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Idr] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-idr-reserved-extended-communities-01.txt
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work
>item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.
>
>	Filename        :
draft-ietf-idr-reserved-extended-communities-01.txt
>_______________________________________________
>Idr mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr