Subject: [Idr] self-identification in email

From: John Scudder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:15:28 -0700

Folks,

In connection with the recent discussion, Sue and I as chairs would like to make clear that we expect posts to the IDR mailing list will be made openly and transparently.  Obviously we all use different email addresses from time to time, but please make sure you help everyone know who you are by signing your name at the bottom of every email.  (If you feel the need to post without attribution, you can send your message to a chair or AD to be anonymized.)

As Sue has said before, "Life is long" so kindness and civility creates a IDR-world where we can solve Internet problems we need to solve. 

--Sue and John

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:39:39 +0200

Hi John,

While I do encourage open discussion I wonder how are you going to 
enforce that the name used to sign an email is a _real_ name of an 
operator, vendor, student or cheerleader as opposed to a non existent 
just made up ghost name ?

That is I think the root cause of the issue not that there is no name 
signature at the bottom of the email.

Moreover ... when I read notes from any IETF WG meeting ... I see no way 
to send unicast clarification/exploration question to the name behind 
any statement.

Could IDR enforce that meeting minutes contain the email address of the 
folks who spoke at the microphone ? Not that hard considering that it is 
already on the blue sheet.

Thx,
R.

> Folks,
>
> In connection with the recent discussion, Sue and I as chairs would
> like to make clear that we expect posts to the IDR mailing list will
> be made openly and transparently.  Obviously we all use different
> email addresses from time to time, but please make sure you help
> everyone know who you are by signing your name at the bottom of every
> email.  (If you feel the need to post without attribution, you can
> send your message to a chair or AD to be anonymized.)
>
> As Sue has said before, "Life is long" so kindness and civility
> creates a IDR-world where we can solve Internet problems we need to
> solve.
>
> --Sue and John _______________________________________________ Idr
> mailing list [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr
>

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 12:12:00 -0700

making a bunch of rules will not stop social disfunction.

one thing we might try is restricting ourselves to one or two messages a
day.

randy