Subject: [Idr] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-frs-bgp-operational-message-00.txt

From: David Freedman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 00:25:39 +0000

Folks, 

After much hard work since Prague, we would like to 
present the collaborative effort that is BGP OPERATIONAL, 
a draft which merges functionality from both
ADVISORY (draft-ietf-idr-advisory-00) and DIAGNOSTIC
(draft-raszuk-bgp-diagnostic-message-02) drafts to create a unified
in-band messaging plane in the BGP targeted at operations work.

The draft can be found here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frs-bgp-operational-message-00.txt

We have prepared a short FAQ which should accompany readers,
this can be found at:

http://www.convergence.cx/drafts/draft-frs-bgp-operational-message-00-faq.txt

As always, all comments and questions would be most appreciated.

Regards,

David. 

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-frs-bgp-operational-message-00.txt
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:30:02 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

     Title         : BGP OPERATIONAL Message

     Author(s)     : R. Raszuk, et al
     Filename      : draft-frs-bgp-operational-message-00.txt
     Pages         : 26
     Date          : 2011-07-01

    The BGP Version 4 routing protocol (RFC4271) is now used in many
    ways, crossing boundaries of administrative and technical
    responsibility.

    The protocol lacks an operational messaging plane which could be
    utilised to diagnose, troubleshoot and inform upon various conditions
    across these boundaries, securely, during protocol operation, without
    disruption.

    This document proposes a new BGP message type, the OPERATIONAL
    message, which can be used to effect such a messaging plane for use
    both between and within Autonomous Systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frs-bgp-operational-message-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.