Subject: [Idr] draft-djsmith-bgp-flowspec-oid-00.txt

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:12:29 +0100

Hi,

I have a question to the authors of "Revised Validation Procedure for 
BGP Flow Specifications".

Effectively the entire draft is about this section:

4. Revised Validation Procedure

    Step (a) of the validation procedure specified in [RFC5575], section
    6 is OPTIONAL for IBGP learned flow specification NLRIs. This
    OPTIONAL behavior MAY be configurable on BGP speakers, however, step
    (a) of the validation procedure SHOULD be disabled by default for
    IBGP learned flow specification NRLIs.

Question:

How can you disable step (a) of RFC5575 section 6 or make it optional 
and still allow for step (b) if step (b) uses a product of step (a) ?

Regards,
R.

PS. In the current commercial implementation of RFC5575 disabling 
validation is just one line configuration:

"no-validate from-ibgp-rr-rc";

where "from-ibgp-rr-rc" is your policy.