Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-operational-message-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:55:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : BGP OPERATIONAL Message
	Author(s)       : David Freedman
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Rob Shakir
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-operational-message-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-02-29

   The BGP Version 4 routing protocol (RFC4271) is now used in many
   ways, crossing boundaries of administrative and technical
   responsibility.

   The protocol lacks an operational messaging plane which could be
   utilised to diagnose, troubleshoot and inform upon various conditions
   across these boundaries, securely, during protocol operation, without
   disruption.

   This document proposes a new BGP message type, the OPERATIONAL
   message, which can be used to effect such a messaging plane for use
   both between and within Autonomous Systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-operational-message-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-operational-message-00.txt