Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-sla-exchange-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:28:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Inter-domain SLA Exchange
	Author(s)       : Shitanshu Shah
                          Keyur Patel
                          Sandeep Bajaj
                          Luis Tomotaki
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-sla-exchange-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-06-27

Abstract:
   Network administrators typically provision QoS (Quality of Service)
   policies for their application traffic (such as voice, video) based
   on SLAs (Service Level Agreements) negotiated with their providers,
   and translate those SLAs to vendor specific configuration language.
   Both learning of SLA, either thru SLA documents or via some other
   out-of-band method, and translating them to vendor specific
   configuration language is a complex, many times manual, process and
   prone to errors.  This document proposes an in-band method of SLA
   signaling which can help to simplify some of the complexities.

   This document defines an operational transitive attribute to signal
   SLA details in-band, across administrative boundaries (considered as
   Autonomous Systems (AS)), thus simplify and speed-up some of the
   complex provisioning tasks.

   Though the use case with the proposed attribute is explicitly defined
   in this document, purpose of this attribute is not limited to this
   use case only.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-sla-exchange

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-sla-exchange-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-sla-exchange-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Shitanshu Shah (svshah)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:37:00 +0000

Dear WG,

Following is a revised draft incorporating feed-back/comments from the
last IETF.

Notable changes from the last revision,
- use of IPFIX IANA registry for Classifier Elements
- use of Tspec for SLA rates
- L2_OVERHEAD attribute to allow SLA advertise L3, L2 or customized L2
rates

Please provide comments,

Regards,
Shitanshu

On 6/27/13 7:28 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>I-D-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
>Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt