Subject: [Idr] 2 Week LC for: Early Code point allocation for draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:12:21 -0400

idr wg: 

The authors of draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution have asked for an early code
point allocation.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution/ 

As the IETF 87 WG meeting discussion showed, there is good support by many
implementers for this early code allocation.  Please see the IETF 87 WG
meeting notes (sent to list) for discussion.  Per RFC4020, we are asking the
WG for 2 week consensus call for these early code points. 

The 2 week WG last call starts today and it will end on September 6th.  

For those curious about the BGP parameter assignments 

http://www.iana.org/assignments/bgp-parameters/bgp-parameters.xhtml

Please comment early and often about allowing the early code point
allocation.  

Comments on the draft are welcome in the exchange as this draft is rapidly
moving toward WG LC, but please clearly state if you want to allocate early
allocation. 

Sue Hares and John Scudder 

WG co-chairs