Subject: [Idr] 1 week final call for Adoption for draft-walton-bgp-route-oscillation-stop-09

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:37:45 -0500

This is a final call for WG Adoption for
draft-walton-bgp-route-oscillation-stop.

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-walton-bgp-route-oscillation-stop/

Based on the long history of discussion, and the approval of the
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-add-paths/>
draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-10 solution, it is the intent of the IDR chairs to
adopt this as a IDR WG draft.  Please send any objection to the adoption of
this draft as WG draft. 

Sue Hares and John Scudder

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:38:07 -0500

> adopt this as a IDR WG draft.  Please send any objection to the adoption of

I'd like to offer a positive acknowledgment to adopt this draft.  add-paths
has been proven to address the original oscillation issue in our labs.  

We have generally not seen providers looking to implement add-paths
specifically for this purpose though.  The solution tends to be a bit too
heavy weight and requires first detecting that the condition is occurring,
and then deploying add-path to suppress it.  Other solutions such as
adjusting IGP distance, as documented in RFC 3345, seem to be better
deployed.

-- Jeff