Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-03.txt> (Autonomous System Migration Features and Their Effects on the BGP AS_PATH Attribute) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 11:54:07 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'Autonomous System Migration Features and Their Effects on the BGP
   AS_PATH Attribute'
  <draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft discusses some BGP features for ASN migration that, while
   commonly used, are not formally part of the BGP4 protocol
   specification and may be vendor-specific in exact implementation.  It
   is necessary to document these de facto standards to ensure that they
   are properly supported in future BGP protocol work such as BGPSec.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:59:24 -0500

> - 'Autonomous System Migration Features and Their Effects on the BGP

very impressive work which i have reviewed and support

randy