Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-performance-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 17:31:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Performance-based BGP Routing Mechanism
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Ning So
                          Yimin Shen
                          Uma Chunduri
                          Hui Ni
                          Yongbing Fan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-performance-routing-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-01-07

Abstract:
   The current BGP specification doesn't use network performance metrics
   (e.g., network latency) in the route selection decision process.
   This document describes a performance-based BGP routing mechanism in
   which network latency metric is taken as one of the route selection
   criteria.  This routing mechanism is useful for those server
   providers with global reach to deliver low-latency network
   connectivity services to their customers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-performance-routing/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-performance-routing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/