Subject: [Idr] 2 week adoption call for draft-litowski-idr-rtc-interas-01 (5/31 to 6/14)

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 23:05:24 -0400

This begins a 2 week WG adoption call for draft-litowski-idr-rtc-interas-01
(5/31 to 6/14/2015).   The authors (Stephane Litkowski, Jeff Haas, and Keyur
Patel) should indicate whether they know of any IPR on this draft. 

The draft can be found at:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-litkowski-idr-rtc-interas/

Please discuss: 

a)      If this solution is necessary in deployments of BGP, and

b)      Technical merits or problems with the proposed draft

As always include "support" or "no support" within your comments.

Sue Hares and John Scudder 

IDR Co-chairs 

Background on draft

----------------------- 

RFC4684 defines procedures to exchange RT reachability info in order to
limit propagation of VPN NLRIs for both intra domain and inter domain
distributions.  Based on operational deployments, the current distribution
model defined in [RFC4684] may cause some issue in specific scenarios. This
document refines the route distribution rules for inter domain NLRIs in
order to address these specific scenarios.