Subject: [Idr] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC2385 (4432)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 15:44:09 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC2385,
"Protection of BGP Sessions via the TCP MD5 Signature Option".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=2385&eid=4432

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Florin Frigioiu <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.3

Original Text
-------------
   The total header size is also an issue.  The TCP header specifies
   where segment data starts with a 4-bit field which gives the total
   size of the header (including options) in 32-byte words.  This means
   that the total size of the header plus option must be less than or
   equal to 60 bytes -- this leaves 40 bytes for options.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The total header size is also an issue.  The TCP header specifies
   where segment data starts with a 4-bit field which gives the total
   size of the header (including options) in 32-bit words.  This means
   that the total size of the header plus option must be less than or
   equal to 60 bytes -- this leaves 40 bytes for options.

Notes
-----
Correction for '32-byte words' to '32-bit words'.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC2385 (no draft string recorded)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Protection of BGP Sessions via the TCP MD5 Signature Option
Publication Date    : August 1998
Author(s)           : A. Heffernan
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG