Subject: [Idr] RFC 7607 on Codification of AS 0 Processing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 20:37:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7607

        Title:      Codification of AS 0 Processing 
        Author:     W. Kumari, R. Bush,
                    H. Schiller, K. Patel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9113
        Updates:    RFC 4271

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-as0-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7607

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7607

This document updates RFC 4271 and proscribes the use of Autonomous
System (AS) 0 in the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) OPEN, AS_PATH,
AS4_PATH, AGGREGATOR, and AS4_AGGREGATOR attributes in the BGP UPDATE
message.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC