Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-large-community-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 05:11:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : Large BGP Communities
        Authors         : Jakob Heitz
                          Job Snijders
                          Keyur Patel
                          Ignas Bagdonas
                          Adam Simpson
                          Nick Hilliard
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-large-community-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-10-24

Abstract:
   This document describes the Large BGP Communities attribute, an
   extension to BGP-4.  This attribute provides a mechanism to signal
   opaque information within separate namespaces to aid in routing
   management.  The attribute is suitable for use in four-octet ASNs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-large-community/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-large-community-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-large-community-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 14:21:19 +0200

Dear working group,

The chairs requested that the authors post the latest state of the draft
reflecting upon last week's discussion and changes in order to progress
obtaining a fresh (hopefully unused) BGP Path attribute codepoint.

ChangeLog -03 -> -04:

    o Reword the ordering paragraph (Jussi Peltola, Markus Hauschild)
    o Reword 'decimal numbers' -> 'integers in decimal notation' (Kristian Larsson)
    o Remove word 'usually' in context of RFC1997 paragraph (Petch)
    o Remove 'bytes' word from error handling (Julian Seifert)
    o Rework the reserved values (Nick, Job, Jeff, Adam Chappell)

Kind regards,

Job

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 05:11:37AM -0700, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 10:09:51 -0400

>     o Rework the reserved values (Nick, Job, Jeff, Adam Chappell)

I believe the above work improved the document.  Particularly, it clears my
final comment/concern about the reservation strategy documented in the
draft.

Ship it!

-- Jeff