Subject: [Idr] [[email-masked]: I-D Action: draft-haas-idr-extended-experimental-00.txt]

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:55:15 -0400

IDR,

There's a larger conversation to be had about proper stewardship and use of
code points of all sorts, but path attributes have our attention for the
moment.

A quick draft for consideration and to motivate discussion.

-- Jeff

P.S. I'm sure there's a number of rough edges in this.  I knocked it off in
less than two hours after not enough sleep.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 07:53:04 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-haas-idr-extended-experimental-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extended Experimental Path Attributes for BGP
        Author          : Jeffrey Haas
	Filename        : draft-haas-idr-extended-experimental-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-10-30

Abstract:
   BGP's primary feature extension mechanism, Optional-Transitive Path
   Attributes, has proven to be a successful mechanism to permit BGP to
   be extended.  In order to ease various issues during the development
   of new BGP features, this document proposes an extended experimental
   path attribute to carry prototype features.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haas-idr-extended-experimental/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-haas-idr-extended-experimental-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

----- End forwarded message -----