Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:41:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication
        Authors         : Job Snijders
                          Jakob Heitz
                          John Scudder
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-04.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2017-01-28

Abstract:
   This document enhances the BGP Cease NOTIFICATION message
   "Administrative Shutdown" and "Administrative Reset" subcodes for
   operators to transmit a short freeform message to describe why a BGP
   session was shutdown or reset.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-shutdown/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 20:56:54 +0100

Dear group,

Changelog -03 -> -04:

    o The 'Shutdown Communication' can now also be send attached to a
      Cease NOTIFICATION with subcode 'Administrative Reset'.

    o The implementation list has been reset and updated. The listed
      implementations support both 'Administrative Shutdown' (as
      specified in -03) and 'Administrative Shutdown' (specified in this
      version).

Since this version includes a change containing normative language, and
we are in the Working Group Last Call phase, an extension to the Last
Call period is to be expected. 

Kind regards,

Job

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 11:41:42AM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 21:04:21 +0100

>       specified in -03) and 'Administrative Shutdown' (specified in this

errr... I meant to type:

    o The implementation list has been reset and updated. The listed
      implementations support both 'Administrative Shutdown' (as
      specified in -03) and 'Administrative Reset' (specified in this
      version).

Kind regards,

Job