Subject: [Idr] Regarding encoding examples from draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-07

From: Zhuangshunwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 09:16:47 +0000

Hi Authors and WG,

I have some confusion and hope to get your help.

The following examples come from draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-07:
"
   The following example demonstrates the new prefix encoding for: "all
   packets to ::1234:5678:9A00:0/64-104 from 192::/8 and port {range
   [137, 139] or 8080}".  In the destination prefix, "80-" represents
   the prefix offset of 80 bits.  In this exmaple, the 0 offset is
   omitted from the printed source prefix.

    +---------------------------+-------------+-------------------------+
    | destination               | source      | port                    |
    +---------------------------+-------------+-------------------------+
    | 0x01 68 50 12 34 56 78 9A | 02 00 08 c0 | 04 03 89 45 8b 91 1f 90 |
    +---------------------------+-------------+-------------------------+
"
I have two questions:

1)  For destination filter example, the given offset value is 0x50, should

it be 0x40 ?

2)  For source filter example, per my understanding, the prefix length value

is 0x08, the offset value is 0x00, so the source filter should be encoded

as 0x02 08 00 C0, not 0x02 00 08 c0 ?

Thanks,

Shunwan