Subject: [Idr] Protocol Action: 'BGP Large Communities' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-large-community-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 08:00:54 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGP Large Communities'
  (draft-ietf-idr-large-community-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-large-community/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the BGP Large Communities attribute, an
   extension to BGP-4.  This attribute provides a mechanism to signal
   opaque information within separate namespaces to aid in routing
   management.  The attribute is suitable for use with four-octet
   Autonomous System Numbers.

Working Group Summary

  There is good consensus to move forward with this draft. Details about 
  points of debate (all of which have been resolved to the level of "rough 
  consensus" with good engagement from the WG) can be found in the 
  Shepherd's write-up.

Document Quality

   There are numerous existing implementations. They are summarized 
   both in the document and in the relevant IDR wiki: 
   https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/idr/trac/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-large-community%20implementations

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is John Scudder.
   The Responsible Area Director is Alvaro Retana.