Subject: [Idr] Jari Arkko's Yes on draft-ietf-idr-large-community-11: (with COMMENT)

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 03:29:32 -0800

Jari Arkko has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-large-community-11: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-large-community/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course we shall approve this document and make it an RFC!

Thanks for the work.

However, I do agree with Robert Spark's Gen-ART comments re: the first
sentence of the Security Considerations section. I'd either remove the
sentence, add pointers to other RFCs with actual security implications
content, or reformulate to ".... has similar security properties as RFC
1997 (even if those were not documented in that RFC)".