Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 02:51:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : Segment Routing Prefix SID extensions for BGP
        Authors         : Stefano Previdi
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Acee Lindem
                          Arjun Sreekantiah
                          Hannes Gredler
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-04-20

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) architecture allows a node to steer a packet
   flow through any topological path and service chain by leveraging
   source routing.  The ingress node prepends a SR header to a packet
   containing a set of segment identifiers (SID).  Each SID represents a
   topological or a service-based instruction.  Per-flow state is
   maintained only at the ingress node of the SR domain.

   This document describes the BGP extension for announcing BGP Prefix
   Segment Identifier (BGP Prefix-SID) information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 09:55:35 +0000

This is the updated version after comments from many reviews in IDR and SPRING.

Note that section 3.2. "IPv6 SID” proposes now a new format for the IPv6 SID. It shouldn’t be a problem since I don’t know any ipv6 implementations yet.

Thanks.
s.

> On Apr 20, 2017, at 11:51 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt