Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 12:32:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Revised Validation Procedure for BGP Flow Specifications
        Authors         : James Uttaro
                          Juan Alcaide
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          David Smith
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-05.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-10-23

Abstract:
   This document describes a modification to the validation procedure
   defined in RFC 5575 for the dissemination of BGP flow specifications.
   RFC 5575 requires that the originator of the flow specification
   matches the originator of the best-match unicast route for the
   destination prefix embedded in the flow specification.  This allows
   only BGP speakers within the data forwarding path (such as autonomous
   system border routers) to originate BGP flow specifications.  Though
   it is possible to disseminate such flow specifications directly from
   border routers, it may be operationally cumbersome in an autonomous
   system with a large number of border routers having complex BGP
   policies.  The modification proposed herein enables flow
   specifications to be originated from a centralized BGP route
   controller.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/