Subject: [Idr] [Errata Verified] RFC5575 (5043)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 14:00:44 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC5575,
"Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5043

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Jan Matejka <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2017-06-20
Verified by: Alvaro Retana (IESG)

Section: 7

Original Text
-------------
        +--------+--------------------+--------------------------+
        | type   | extended community | encoding                 |
        +--------+--------------------+--------------------------+
        | 0x8006 | traffic-rate       | 2-byte as#, 4-byte float |
        | 0x8007 | traffic-action     | bitmask                  |
        | 0x8008 | redirect           | 6-byte Route Target      |
        | 0x8009 | traffic-marking    | DSCP value               |
        +--------+--------------------+--------------------------+

   Traffic-rate:  The traffic-rate extended community is a non-
      transitive extended community across the autonomous-system
      boundary and uses following extended community encoding:

Corrected Text
--------------

        +--------+--------------------+--------------------------+
        | type   | extended community | encoding                 |
        +--------+--------------------+--------------------------+
        | 0x8006 | traffic-rate       | 2-byte as#, 4-byte float |
        | 0x8007 | traffic-action     | bitmask                  |
        | 0x8008 | redirect           | 6-byte Route Target      |
        | 0x8009 | traffic-marking    | DSCP value               |
        +--------+--------------------+--------------------------+

   Traffic-rate:  The traffic-rate extended community
      uses following extended community encoding:

Notes
-----
The traffic rate type is allocated in the Transitive Experimental Range (https://www.iana.org/assignments/bgp-extended-communities/bgp-extended-communities.xhtml#bgp-extended-communities-10) but the text declares it non-transitive.

=====
[Alvaro Retana]

I am marking this report as Verified knowing that the issue is already being addressed in rfc5575bis.

--------------------------------------
RFC5575 (draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules
Publication Date    : August 2009
Author(s)           : P. Marques, N. Sheth, R. Raszuk, B. Greene, J. Mauch, D. McPherson
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 15:40:14 -0500

Alvaro: 

This is correct.   John  indicated the replacement
(draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-05.txt) passed WG LC with the submission of
draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-06.txt. 

Sue Hares 

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of RFC Errata System
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 5:01 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] [Errata Verified] RFC5575 (5043)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC5575, "Dissemination of
Flow Specification Rules". 

Reported by: Jan Matejka <[email-masked]> Date Reported: 2017-06-20 Verified
by: Alvaro Retana (IESG)

Section: 7

Original Text
-------------

Corrected Text
--------------

Notes
-----
The traffic rate type is allocated in the Transitive Experimental Range
(https://www.iana.org/assignments/bgp-extended-communities/bgp-extended-comm
unities.xhtml#bgp-extended-communities-10) but the text declares it
non-transitive.

=====
[Alvaro Retana]

I am marking this report as Verified knowing that the issue is already being
addressed in rfc5575bis.

Author(s)           : P. Marques, N. Sheth, R. Raszuk, B. Greene, J. Mauch,
D. McPherson

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr