Subject: [Idr] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification-15: (with COMMENT)

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 18:17:23 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a pointer to a formal definition for "full session reset" that you
could provide at the end of this text?

  At a high level, this document can be summed up as follows.  When a
   BGP session is reset, both speakers operate as "Receiving Speakers"
   according to [RFC4724], meaning they retain each other's routes.
   This is also true for HOLDTIME expiration.  The functionality can be
   defeated using a "Hard Reset" subcode for the BGP NOTIFICATION Cease
   Error code.  If a Hard Reset is used, a full session reset is
   performed.