Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-21.txt> (Segment Routing Prefix SID extensions for BGP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 13:58:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document: - 'Segment Routing Prefix SID extensions for
BGP'
  <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-21.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-06-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Segment Routing (SR) architecture allows a node to steer a packet
   flow through any topological path and service chain by leveraging
   source routing.  The ingress node prepends an SR header to a packet
   containing a set of segment identifiers (SID).  Each SID represents a
   topological or a service-based instruction.  Per-flow state is
   maintained only on the ingress node of the SR domain.  An SR domain
   is defined as a single administrative domain for global SID
   assignment.

   This document defines an optional, transitive BGP attribute for
   announcing BGP Prefix Segment Identifiers (BGP Prefix-SID)
   information.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.