Subject: [Idr] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-25: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:55:18 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-25: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Abstract:

"This document defines an optional, transitive BGP attribute for
   announcing BGP Prefix Segment Identifiers (BGP Prefix-SID)
   information the specification for SR-MPLS SIDs."

This is a sentence fragment.

IANA considerations:

"Currently, IANA temporarily assigned the following:

      40 BGP Prefix-SID (TEMPORARY - registered 2015-09-30, expires
      2016-09-30) [draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid]"

I'm not sure that this needs to stay in the document, but if it does, it
shouldn't say "currently" (since that won't be true for long) and the dates
should be updated to reflect the fact that the temporary registration was
extended a couple of times, until 09-30-2018.

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 16:06:21 +0000

Hi Alissa, 

> On Jun 20, 2018, at 11:55 AM, Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> information the specification for SR-MPLS SIDs.”

This should be “and the specification…” This was added last weekend based on Bruno’s routing directorate review. 

> extended a couple of times, until 09-30-2018.

I will remove “Currently,” and update the expiration date. I’m hoping this document will be on the RFC Editor Queue within a week. 

Thanks,
Acee