Subject: [Idr] 2nd attempt - WG LC on draft -ietf-idr-eag-distribution (10/21/2018 to 11/3/2018)

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 14:08:49 -0400

Greetings: 

This begins a 2nd attempt for a WG LC for draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution.
Please consider the following questions as you review this draft for
publication:

a)      The carrying of the Extended Administrative Group (EAG) sub-TLV in
BGP is will help deployments of BGP-LS, 

b)      Whether the security consideration statement is sufficient to help
operators understand how to deploy this RFC7752 sub-TLV, 

c)      If the deployment of this sub-TLV will help operators administer
networks which use BGP-LS information to help manage their network.  

The IDR chairs do not know of any implementations for this draft.  If you
know of an y implementation please send a message to the chairs and fill out
an implementation report at: 

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution

You can simply indicate you know of an implementation, but we would
appreciate any details on the implementation. 

If you feel that this sub-TLV is one of the growing number of BGP-ls TLVs,
please mention this thread as input the WG LC. 

The general discussion on that topic should go on the "Growing BGP-LS
attribute thread".    If you wish to discuss this topic at the interim on
10/26/2018, please send your comments to the IDR co-chairs. 

Cheerily, Susan Hares