Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 03:09:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Signalling ERLD using BGP-LS
        Authors         : Gunter Van de Velde
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Matthew Bocci
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2018-12-13

Abstract:
   This document defines the attribute encoding to use for BGP-LS to
   expose ERLD "Entropy capable Readable Label Depth" from a node to a
   centralised controller (PCE/SDN).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:18:24 +0000

No updates in this draft. 

During IETF103 in Bangkok the aspect of ERLD was discussed in a corridor meeting. The base consideration was that there is interest to extend ERLD meaning beyond pure node value, particular for the inter-as use-case, where the operator would like to expose ERLD per prefix. 

The BGP-LS draft to encode the ERLD is on-hold until the updates in the IGP (OSPF/ISIS/OSPFv3) signaling drafts materialized, so that correct encoding in BGP-LS can be documented.

G/

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:09
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 09:12:39 -0500

Gunter:

Thank you for the update.   

I would like to solicit your help to move along this draft and BGP-LS drafts
in the future.   We are looking for a set of IDR participants who are
familiar with BGP-LS to form a review team in IDR. 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Van De Velde, Gunter
(Nokia - BE/Antwerp)
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] I-D Action:
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03.txt

During IETF103 in Bangkok the aspect of ERLD was discussed in a corridor
meeting. The base consideration was that there is interest to extend ERLD
meaning beyond pure node value, particular for the inter-as use-case, where
the operator would like to expose ERLD per prefix. 

The BGP-LS draft to encode the ERLD is on-hold until the updates in the IGP
(OSPF/ISIS/OSPFv3) signaling drafts materialized, so that correct encoding
in BGP-LS can be documented.

G/

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:09
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

Abstract:

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-
rld-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-
03

---

From: "Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 17:51:05 +0000

All,

I was kindly and privately (Thanks Les Ginsberg) made aware that my summary of the side conversation was not a 100% correct reflection of the progress in LSR & SPRING WG around this topic. 

The correct authorative summary around draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc & draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc is found in the following thread: 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/lsr/current/msg00950.html

My view is that draft draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld specifies the normalized encoding of the ISIS/OSPF signaling around ELC/ERLD into BGP-LS.
I'm not sure how solid the current IGP drafts are at this stage to understand the exact impact to progress the draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld (sounds as a good Christmas vacation activity to me).

G/

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:18
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03.txt

G/

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:09
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-03.txt

Abstract: