Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 02:20:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Flowspec Indirection-id Redirect
        Authors         : Gunter Van de Velde
                          Keyur Patel
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-07.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-12-13

Abstract:
   This document defines a new extended community known as "FlowSpec
   Redirect to indirection-id Extended Community".  This extended
   community triggers advanced redirection capabilities to flowspec
   clients.  When activated, this flowspec extended community is used by
   a flowspec client to retrieve the corresponding next-hop and encoding
   information within a localised indirection-id mapping table.

   The functionality detailed in this document allows a network
   controller to decouple the BGP flowspec redirection instruction from
   the operation of the available paths.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 10:38:29 +0000

Requests to IDR chairs:
  Can we start a WGLC on draft draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-07?

Key status updates on this draft:

1) Nokia has a commercial implementation of this draft released in latest router software (SROS16.0R4).

2) modified the following text in the draft (Chapter 6) to make the indication 'invalid flowspec action' decoupled from BGP as that makes more sense from operational perspective and reduces the complexity within BGP code:

     BEFORE:
     In addition the flowspec client MUST provide an indication within the BGP routing table that the
     respective "'Redirect to indirection-id" resulted in an invalid redirection action.

     AFTER:
     In addition the flowspec client MUST provide an indication that the respective "'Redirect to indirection-id" resulted
     in an invalid redirection action.

Brgds,
G/

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 11:21
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-07.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 08:51:35 -0500

Gunter: 

I will read the draft today and start the IPR.   Due to the work with
RFC5575bis, may I ask you to point this to RFC5575bis.  

Also, please fill out the implementation report on the wiki. 

Thank you, Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Van De Velde, Gunter
(Nokia - BE/Antwerp)
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 5:38 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-07.txt

Requests to IDR chairs:

1) Nokia has a commercial implementation of this draft released in latest
router software (SROS16.0R4).

2) modified the following text in the draft (Chapter 6) to make the
indication 'invalid flowspec action' decoupled from BGP as that makes more
sense from operational perspective and reduces the complexity within BGP
code:

     BEFORE:
     In addition the flowspec client MUST provide an indication within the
BGP routing table that the
     respective "'Redirect to indirection-id" resulted in an invalid
redirection action.

     AFTER:
     In addition the flowspec client MUST provide an indication that the
respective "'Redirect to indirection-id" resulted
     in an invalid redirection action.

Brgds,
G/

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 11:21
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-07.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

Abstract:

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-
07