Subject: Re: [Idr] Delta for status for IETF Friday (7/26/2019

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 02:10:57 -0400

Welcome to IETF Friday: 

At RFC editor:  (statistics for just this week) 

 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid/>
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-27   - 333 days (REF status) 

draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-19 - 66 days 

draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-ext-16 -  21 days  

draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-17 - 16 days 

Schedule for IESG Telechat 

.
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-extended-messages/>
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-extended-messages-30 

Revision in process due to AD Comments/discussion (fast track for
re-submission) 

.
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-bestpath-selection-crit
eria/> draft-ietf-idr-bgp-bestpath-selection-criteria-12 

.         draft-ietf-optimal-route-refresh-12  -

Both  of these drafts have implementations and implementation reports. 

Drafts past WG LC with implementations and shepherd report. 

.         draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-13 - All Comments resolves.  Security
meeting did not indicate any additional changes. 

New tunnel encapsulation TLVs will go in additional drafts.  

Past WG LC - consensus reached 

.         draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change [6/9-6/23] - extended
to 7/24/2019. 

Since John Scudder is a co-author, I would like a strong support for this
registry change. 

Please continue to send in comments regarding this draft. 

WG LC: 

.         draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-04 (7/9 to 7/23) - extended to 8/6/2019,
and sent to Grow. 

o   Bruno Decraene - noticed two error (7/25/2019 mail)

.
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd/
> draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd-05 [7/25 to 8/8/2019)  

o    Strong initial support came in within 12 hours. 

.         draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-10.txt  

o   IPR poll complete, in Shepherd 2nd review to determine if -10.txt
addresses Shepherd's comments. 

.         draft-ietf-ext-opt-param-05.txt - 

o   WG LC requires:  New draft and Shepherd's review 

o   IPR poll will start once -06.txt is submitted. 

Adoptions: 

.          <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ketant-idr-rfc7752bis/>
draft-ketant-idr-rfc7752bis-00 - in IPR poll

.         Draft-merciaz-idr-bgp-bfd-strict-mode-02.txt - in IPR poll 

.         draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence-05.txt - 7/26 to 8/8

Adoption request waiting for re-spin of draft: 

o   draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext-02.txt - waiting for -03.txt
version  

Early Allocations: 

The following early allocations were delayed to an error by Susan Hares.

IANA has been notified and will help us stream line these allocations. 

o   draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-app-specific-attr,

o   draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo,

o   draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-sbfd-extensions, 

o   draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-srv6-ext

o   draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-nv03

Please check your early allocations.  If any of the allocations has not been
processed, 

Please send me a note.  I will be following up on all early allocation
requests with Alvaro and 

IANA next week.    I apologize for my error. 

Charter and Issues: 

o   charter text sent (7/25) for discussion on 7/26 at IDR session.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/x5iO1SQzu8e5iLH-a7f_4pzqo5k

The IETF charter will state our general area.   The WG chairs will use our 

Milestones to indicate the priority of work.  We'll review the charter text
at our meeting. 

o   Issues Initial list of issues sent on (7/23/2017).  

           The following are issues WG members have suggested. 

            The chairs that we will discuss to turn into our milestones. 

.       IPSEC VPN technology

.       Auto-* (auto-configuration, auto-discovery, .) 

.       BGP Security 

.       BGP protocol updates - Removal and additions 

.       E-BGP enhancements 

.       Yang modules 

.       Additional Tunnel encapsulation features 

.       Flow specifications 

.       Wide Communities and bigger communities

.       BGP LS additions 

.       Segment Routing using BGP

.       Next-Hop Encodings 

.       Dynamic provisioning of address families 

.       BGP persistence 

.       Improving BGP Resiliency 

.       Faster registry handling 

          We start the discussion this morning at IDR WG. 

The IDR session first session is 10:00-12:00 in the Viger Room.  The second
session is 12:20-13:50 in the Viger room. 

Susan Hares