Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 07:32:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The BGP Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Gunter Van de Velde
                          Srihari R. Sangli
                          Eric C. Rosen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-13.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2019-07-22

Abstract:
   RFC 5512 defines a BGP Path Attribute known as the "Tunnel
   Encapsulation Attribute".  This attribute allows one to specify a set
   of tunnels.  For each such tunnel, the attribute can provide the
   information needed to create the tunnel and the corresponding
   encapsulation header.  The attribute can also provide information
   that aids in choosing whether a particular packet is to be sent
   through a particular tunnel.  RFC 5512 states that the attribute is
   only carried in BGP UPDATEs that have the "Encapsulation Subsequent
   Address Family (Encapsulation SAFI)".  This document deprecates the
   Encapsulation SAFI (which has never been used in production), and
   specifies semantics for the attribute when it is carried in UPDATEs
   of certain other SAFIs.  This document adds support for additional
   tunnel types, and allows a remote tunnel endpoint address to be
   specified for each tunnel.  This document also provides support for
   specifying fields of any inner or outer encapsulations that may be
   used by a particular tunnel.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5512.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/