Subject: Libidmef 0.6 release

From: Joe McAlerney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:51:14 -0700

Hello all,

Silicon Defense is pleased to announce the long anticipated release of
libidmef 0.6.  Libidmef 0.6 complies with the latest version of the
IDMEF specification (0.3), and has a number of fixes and enhancements
added since the previous version.  Some include:

+ More accurate representation of NTP timestamps
+ Revised I/O functionality
+ Compliance with the latest version of libxml (2.3.9)
+ Additional platform support
+ Installation as a shared library 

For a more complete list see the ChangeLog included in the distribution.

Look for the upcoming release of the next IDMEF XML plugin for the Snort
IDS.  It will provide support for the SPADE anomaly detection plugin, as
well as the portscan plugin.

Please feel free send me questions or comments.

Thank you,

-Joe M.

http://www.silicondefense.com/idwg/libidmef/

-- 
|   Joe McAlerney     [email-masked]   |
| Silicon Defense - Technical Support for Snort |
|       http://www.silicondefense.com/          |
+--                                           --+