Subject: JavaIDMEF v0.9 Released

From: "McCubbin, Christopher B." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 09:34:12 -0400

Greetings,

The JavaIDMEF version 0.9 package has been released. Very soon, there will
be a page for it on Silicon Defense's IDWG page
(http://www.silicondefense.com/idwg/). You may download the files there.

The package is released under the BSD license. Please read the readme file
in the package for details.

JavaIDMEF is a set of Java classes that implement creation and parsing of
IDMEF messages. It does not currently contain any implementation of any
message exchange protocol (i.e. BEEP). There are two main functions of this
package. One is to convert Java objects representing IDMEF data into
(Apache) XML objects and/or XML strings. The other is to convert IDMEF XML
Strings into Java objects. The data in these Java objects can then be
accessed via standard Java accessors. The OO nature of IDMEF maps nicely
into Java classes.

The software is currently in beta-test and has _not_ been extensively
tested. If you find bugs, inaccuracies, noncompliance with the spec, etc.
please let me know or forward me a patch. I will personally be using this
software in my own project so I will probably be finding some myself, and
I'll try to keep up the releases.

Thanks, and I hope that some of you can find the package useful.

Chris

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Chris McCubbin  | [email-masked]  (443)-778-xxxx     |
| CS, Math & Crypt|     "You can't bounce the bounce                    |
| UMBC Alumni     |      if you can't pronounce the bounce!"            |
| JHU APL STI     |                        -Tigger                      |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------