Subject: IDWG Status

From: Mike Erlinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:15:33 -0700

Everyone
    
We would like IDWG to finish IDMEF and IDXP in the next month or so.
The Chairs see the status as:
    
IDXP - Status:
       draft-ietf-idwg-beep-idxp-03
       the latest version has had no comments on the IDWG mailing list.
       the changes made from previous versions were those proposed by
       the authors and others familiar with BEEP.

     - Proposed Actions:
       The Chairs propose that a Working Group last call take place,
       starting Oct 19 and ending Nov 3.
    
       If there are no substantial modifications, then IDXP will be
       forwarded to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard
    
Tunnel - Status:
       draft-ietf-idwg-beep-tunnel-02
       the latest version has had no comments on the IDWG mailing list.
       the changes made from previous versions were those proposed by
       the authors and others familiar with BEEP.
    
     - Proposed Actions:
       The Chairs propose that a Working Group last call take place,
       starting Oct 19 and ending Nov 3.
    
       If there are no substantial modifications, then Tunnel will be
       forwarded to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.

IDMEF - Status
       draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-04.txt
       Cindy McLain (LL/MIT) and Andy Walther (Aerospace) have some
       suggestions for modifications to the latest version that relate
       to host based id.
       
      - Proposed Actions:
       Cindy et al, put forth to the mailing list during the next 2 weeks
       their suggestions.  The mailing list can then decide whether the  
       proposed changes should be incorporated or not into the current   
       version of IDMEF
       
       On 4 November a new version of IDMEF would then be forwarded to the
       Working Group and posted as a Internet Draft. We would then hold a 
       Working Group last call starting 6 Nov and ending 21 November.
       
       If there are no substantial modifications, then IDMEF will be
       forwarded to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.

Requirements - Status

      - Proposed Actions:
       Mike has the suggested changes from the last WG meeting and will
       publish a new document by 23 October.
       
       On 23 October, a new version of the Requirements Doc will be
       forwarded to the Working Group and posted as a Internet Draft.
       We would then hold a Working Group last call starting 23 Oct and
       ending 7 November.
       
       If there are no substantial modifications, then Reqs Doc will be
       forwarded to the IESG for consideration as an Informational RFC.
       
Working Group - Status
       The Working Group needs to focus on finish the above 4 IDs and
       forwarding to the IESG.  We would propose having a one session
       meeting at the December IETF (Thursday afternoon or evening, or
       Friday morning).  At the meeting the WG can focus on its next  
       actions - e.g., mothball until implementations, look at anomoly
       based systems, etc.

Mike & Stuart

-- 
Mike Erlinger, Professor and Chair Computer Science
www:      http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~mike
email:    [email-masked]
smail:    Computer Science Dept., Harvey Mudd College,
          301 E. 12th Street, Claremont, CA, 91711 
          909-621-8912,   FAX: 909-621-8465