Subject: [[email-masked]: [BEEPwg] ANNOUNCE: Net::BeepLite 0.01 (fwd)]

From: Mike Erlinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:36:16 -0700

fyi

-- 
Mike Erlinger, Professor and Chair Computer Science
www:      http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~mike
email:    [email-masked]
smail:    Computer Science Dept., Harvey Mudd College,
          301 E. 12th Street, Claremont, CA, 91711 
          909-621-8912,   FAX: 909-607-8364

Subject: [BEEPwg] ANNOUNCE: Net::BeepLite 0.01 (fwd)
From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:17:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

This seems appropriate to forward to this group.

Thanks,
Chris

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:18:26 -0400
From: David Blacka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [BEEPwg] ANNOUNCE: Net::BeepLite 0.01

I have released Net::BeepLite 0.01.  From the README:

  Net::BeepLite is a lightweight implementation of a BEEP (RFC 3080, RFC
  3081) client/server framework.  This package is intended for
  implementing fairly simple BEEP clients and servers.  It does not
  attempt to be the last word on using BEEP in Perl.  Or to put this
  another way, this package does not make an attempt to support every
  feature or mode of operation possible within the BEEP specification.

  It does not use threading, and thus cannot directly handle multiple
  ansynchronous channels.  It does not directly support peer-to-peer
  operations.  Or at least not yet.

Even though this is a 0.01 release, the code is pretty complete and
somewhat tested.  For now, the main webpage for it is
<http://iris.verisignlabs.com> (this is shared by a few other projects
supporting IRIS, which is a proposal in the IETF crisp working group).  It
can be fetched from

<http://iris.verisignlabs.com/software/netbeeplite/Net-BeepLite-0.01.tar.gz>.

I have uploaded it to PAUSE, so hopefully it will be on CPAN at some point
in the relatively near future.

-- 
David Blacka    <[email-masked]>
Sr. Engineer    Verisign Applied Research

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg