Subject: Re: Contacting chairs--moving forward on idwg documents

From: Herve Debar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:06:25 +0100

Hi,

Sam Hartman wrote:
> Hi.  Recently, Steve Bellovin resigned from the IESG.  I have taken
> his place as the responsible AD for the idwg group.

Welcome !
> 
> Over two weeks ago I attempted to contact the IDWG chairs to find out
> what the status of the idmef document is.  Looking at the list
> archive, it seems that there was interest in a schema-based version of
> the document in early 2003.  It also seems that work was being done to
> address IESG discusses.
> 
> Where does the document stand today?  Is it ready to be submitted
> again?

The document was ready in july, I think it was even submitted but 
rejected because of some boilerplate issues. I do not have the specifics 
from Mike.

Since then, a couple of typos and inconsistencies have been found, as 
well as some additional checks on the consistency and correctness of the 
DTD and schema. I am finishing addressing these changes and will have a 
document ready for you tomorrow.

Hervé
-- 
Hervé Debar             <mailto:[email-masked]>
Tel: +33 (0)2 31 75 92 61            GSM: +33 (0)6 74 09 09 66
France Télécom R&D                   Fax: +33 (0)2 31 75 93 13
42 rue des Coutures  (--)  BP 6243  (--)  F-14066 Caen Cedex 4